Dr. Feikert Adjust Plus purchase

Re: Dr. Feikert Adjust Plus purchase

Postby MMMC » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:29 am

Thank you to all the contributors on this Adjust Plus Purchase topic/thread. This is great information and great reading, and will most likely toss me down the "Adjust Plus Rabbit Hole" as my 2018 project of the year. It would become the "project of the year", due to the other additions that seem likely required to fully optimize the use of the Adjust Plus software package, such as installing the dual pivot upgrade, which I have so far resisted, but given it's additional benefit toward optimizing the Adjust Plus implementation, it becomes part of the budget. Quite some time ago(years), I read a review of the Adjust Plus software which painted a somewhat non-user friendly software experience, and a long learning curve. Based on the postings here, that no longer appears to be the case, so maybe it's the right time to reconsider this tool.

BTW, there does seem to be a US Distributor of the Doctor's Analogue offerings, (hardware/software) listed after clicking the Distributors Button of the Adjust + web page.
http://www.feickert.org/index.php?id=2&L=1

USA:

MoFi Distribution
1811 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue
Chicago, IL 60660
phone: 312.738.5025
sales@mofidistribution.com
www.mofidistribution.com

MMMC
One of the last HRX production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby Dorian » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:13 am

MMMC wrote:Thank you to all the contributors on this Adjust Plus Purchase topic/thread. This is great information and great reading, and will most likely toss me down the "Adjust Plus Rabbit Hole" as my 2018 project of the year. It would become the "project of the year", due to the other additions that seem likely required to fully optimize the use of the Adjust Plus software package, such as installing the dual pivot upgrade, which I have so far resisted, but given it's additional benefit toward optimizing the Adjust Plus implementation, it becomes part of the budget. Quite some time ago(years), I read a review of the Adjust Plus software which painted a somewhat non-user friendly software experience, and a long learning curve. Based on the postings here, that no longer appears to be the case, so maybe it's the right time to reconsider this tool.

BTW, there does seem to be a US Distributor of the Doctor's Analogue offerings, (hardware/software) listed after clicking the Distributors Button of the Adjust + web page.

USA:

MoFi Distribution
1811 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue
Chicago, IL 60660
phone: 312.738.5025
sales@mofidistribution.com
http://www.mofidistribution.com

MMMC

I personally do not have the Dual Pivot and appear to have achieved 'perfect' azimuth, at least according to Adjust+. You don't need the DP to use Adjust+; having said that, things may sound even better with the DP, I don't know.
VPI Prime #959 | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:14 pm

MMMC wrote:BTW, there does seem to be a US Distributor of the Doctor's Analogue offerings, (hardware/software) listed after clicking the Distributors Button of the Adjust + web page.

USA:

MMMC

I just recently purchased the Adjust Plus Pro Software. You can only purchase the software directly from Chris Feickert. It is not available from any other sources as of a couple months ago.
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Letsmakeadeal

Postby JimTimP » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Ah Ha... Just what I was thinking when I saw that address:

Music Direct
1811 W Bryn Mawr Ave
Chicago, IL 60660

Phone: 1-312-433-0200

The do profess to having the protractor in stock...
Teac X-2000R, Otari MX-5050 BIII-2, Manley Stingray II Amp, Yaqin SD-32A CD Player, Zestos Andros PS 1 Phono Preamp, VPI Prime Sig, ADS & 16.5, Soundsmith Voice & Lyra Delos on own arms, Zaph ZRT 2.5 Spkr, Homemade 10" Subs, PS Audio P5
JimTimP

Postby MMMC » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Letsmakeadeal wrote:
MMMC wrote:BTW, there does seem to be a US Distributor of the Doctor's Analogue offerings, (hardware/software) listed after clicking the Distributors Button of the Adjust + web page.

USA:

MMMC

I just recently purchased the Adjust Plus Pro Software. You can only purchase the software directly from Chris Feickert. It is not available from any other sources as of a couple months ago.

Thanks.
You are correct. The US Distributor has the tractor, but not the software, which I verified by placing a call prior to logging in.

MMMC

PS. The site is currently unavailable for price information. What was the cost in U.S dollars and shipping.

Thanks

MMMC
One of the last HRX production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:08 am

I will double check and post but I think the Pro Version was 470.00 delivered. It arrived quickly. I just corresponded directly with Chris via email.....The non Pro version was somewhat less.....I will find the email and post the certain pricing. Todays exchange rate is 1.185 roughly.

Note: The software is delivered on a tiny USB stick now and it is required for the software to function. Don't freak like I did looking for a Software DISK.

Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:00 AM
To: DM
Subject: Re: Can you please send me any dealers you have in the USA

Hi,
and thank you for your interest in our products. A+ is a direct sales product and is available in the States and Canada through us.
A+ is available as Home (230 EURO) or Pro (360 EURO). Shipping options then are 45 EURO with UPS Express Saver shipping (48 hours service) or DHL small registered package at 25 EURO (up to 20 days shipping).
Pro additional features are:
• THD measurement
• frequency response via Pink Noise
• tonearm resonances
• enhanced FFT-analysis
• enhanced graphics export via clipboard
You can download the manual and software here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9rpu26xwy592 ... HbLfa?dl=0
Looking forward to hear from you and yours in service!
Letsmakeadeal

Postby Johnny » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:48 am

I am not condoning software pirating, but what prevents a user from simply copying the Feikert software off the USB stick and sending a copy to a friend?
Johnny

Postby jonathanb » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 am

Most likely, the USB stick contains iLok software that is required to unlock and startup the Adjust+ software.
jonathanb

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Johnny wrote:I am not condoning software pirating, but what prevents a user from simply copying the Feikert software off the USB stick and sending a copy to a friend?

Chis gives you a link to download the software and user manual but it does you no good other than some familiarization with the product. I think the same link is on his website. The link is in the email I included a few posts back.
The USB stick acts as a "key" that unlocks the software's functionality and must be installed in the PC before the software will work. It is required every time the software is used...
Letsmakeadeal

Postby MMMC » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:29 am

Letsmakeadeal wrote:
Johnny wrote:I am not condoning software pirating, but what prevents a user from simply copying the Feikert software off the USB stick and sending a copy to a friend?

Chis gives you a link to download the software and user manual but it does you no good other than some familiarization with the product. I think the same link is on his website. The link is in the email I included a few posts back.
The USB stick acts as a "key" that unlocks the software's functionality and must be installed in the PC before the software will work. It is required every time the software is used...

Letsmakeadeal,
I emailed Feikert software, and was responded to very quickly with the information you have posted, which is always appreciated. I plan to review the manual to first determine if I am smart enough to use the package :?: , and then not be tempted to order the Pro vs the Home edition.

MMMC
MMMC

PreviousNext

Return to General Audio