Premp suggestions

Re: Premp suggestions

Postby gene9p » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:52 pm

I wish........lol
VPI CLASSIC 2[WALNUT]W CLASSIC 3 ARM, VPI SDS, SS AIDA Cartridge,MANLEY CHINOOK Phono stage,MCINTOSH C220 Tube Pre Amp,PARASOUND A21 Amp,KRELL Showcase CD Player ,BRYSTON BDA-1 Dac,HARBETH 7es-3 SPEAKERS,MORROW AUDIO Interconnects and Speaker Cables
gene9p

Postby ppomerantz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:02 am

I'm glad no one here suggested the Zesto Andros 1.2 phono that I bought last week on Audiogon. Wouldn't have wanted to bid against any of you guys.

The Zesto is miles above the Sutherland I had previously. Now I just need to figure out what 12AX7 tubes to roll into the Zesto. I'm looking at Fisher Mullards but I feel like a kid who just walked into a candy store for the first time.
VPI Aries 1 w/Classic 3 Arm, Aries 1 platter, VAS Nova, VPI SDS, TerraStone feet
Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Morrow Audio PH5 Reference Phono Cable
Target wall mount shelf, Maple Butcher Block base
ppomerantz

Postby gene9p » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:33 am

it's beautiful...congrats. A lot went into preparing the stock tubes just as Manley does. You might find them excellent sounding since they are matched and burned in for top performance.
VPI CLASSIC 2[WALNUT]W CLASSIC 3 ARM, VPI SDS, SS AIDA Cartridge,MANLEY CHINOOK Phono stage,MCINTOSH C220 Tube Pre Amp,PARASOUND A21 Amp,KRELL Showcase CD Player ,BRYSTON BDA-1 Dac,HARBETH 7es-3 SPEAKERS,MORROW AUDIO Interconnects and Speaker Cables
gene9p

Postby Jprod » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Thank for all the suggestions and I have a lot to think about. Right now i am leaning towards giving the chinook a go. However I have decided to let my new cartridge fully "burn in" and I am trying various phono cables to see what i like. I will then enjoy my set up for a while before I tinker again. Sometimes my enthusiasm gets the best of me....
VPI Prime, Graham slee accession phono amp, parasound p5 preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters
Jprod

Previous

Return to General Audio