Your Cable Choice - Grover, Signal, or Audio Sensibility

Your Cable Choice - Grover, Signal, or Audio Sensibility

Postby whacky » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:14 pm

SO I need your opinions between the three options for phono cables
1. Grover Huffman Empress Phono Cable - claims and reviews are quite promising. Cost $400
2. Audio Sensibility Statement Silver V2 phono cable - Excellently reviewed here ~$375 with current promotion
3. Keep the current Signal Cable Co Silver Resolution Reference. ~$160 with Neutrik connectors.

I will be the proud owner of a new VPI Prime table at the end of this week.
Will be coming loaded with am Ortofon Cadenza Bronze. Dealered offered a great price.

I have done an overhaul of my entire analog system.
New table, as above.
New stage - Whest Ps.30rdt SE 2017 edition.
And am considering upgrading the phono cable as well.

Amplifier is a Primaluna Dialogue Premium integrated HP.
Loudspeakers are Tekton Design Double Impact.
Speaker Cable is Cerious Tech Graphene Extreme
All in all, the rest of my system is pretty neutral, and relatively revealing of the best cables.

Anyone have experience with Grover's Empress phono cables?
From my personal experience with a regular Silver Statement SE RCA interconnect, it is a quality cable. So I am guessing their phono cable is just as quality.

What would you choose?
whacky

Re: Your Cable Choice - Grover, Signal, or Audio Sensibility

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:18 pm

I use the Audio Sensibility Signature phono cables so my vote would go there.
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Postby MOON » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:11 pm

Audio Sensibility silver statement owner here for phono and silver statement through rest of system. I think you would be very happy with them.
Prime 152, symposium inserts, Lyra Kloes, Stillpoints LPI, HRS platform, Funk Firm Achromat,, Simaudio 610 lp Evolution phono stage & P -7 pre, W -5 LE amp, Audience Adept Response R 12 conditioner, Martin Logan Odyssey's & Depth I subs
MOON

Postby thegage » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Grover throughout, from phono to speaker, primarily Empress. Fantastic cables, but I've never heard the others, so I can't make a comparison.

John K.
TNT 3, 10" 3D arm, Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star, Classic Platter, VPI Ring, Stillpoints LPI, TerraCones feet, Phoenix Eagle/Roadrunner, Moon 310LP, Parasound JC2, SMc DNA 0.5, GE Triton 2+, Grover Empress cables, SRA and Symposium Platforms
thegage

Postby baddog » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 pm

The only phono cable on your list that I have heard and now in fact own is the Audio Sensibility Statement Silver Phono cable v3.

I can state it is very well made, communications with Steve @ Audio Sensibility was exceptional, it sounds wonderful in my system, and in my humble option, great value for the cost.

I would feel very comfortable recommending it to others.

I have not heard the other cables you listed, so i cannot comment on them.

Oh, and the reason I came to purchase the Audio Sensibility cable was due to numerous recommendations on the forum.
Roon | Intel NUC6i5SYH | VPI Avenger Reference | Devialet 440 Pro | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Stillpoint Apertures | LPs
baddog

Postby Brf » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:54 am

Try both the Grover and AS in your system and decide for yourself. Both companies have a no risk money back guarantee.

I went through literally dozens of phono cables, interconnects, speakers cables, power cords etc., and based on my listening preferences, I settled on Audio Sensibility throughout all my systems. No only are do they sound good, they are well made and are a genuine bargain when compared to similar designed cables.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby SubVet » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:39 am

I use Audio Sensibility Statement Silver Phono and Audio Sensibility Statement SE Interconnects (RCA and XLR). I think the quality/price ratio is hard to beat.
Soundsmith MIMC Star on VPI Aries 3 w/ Classic 3 Arm and SDS
Pass Labs XP-15, Pass Labs XP-10, Pass Labs X-150.8, Audio Sensibility cables and Harbeth C7ES-3 Speakers
Marantz SA8005 and Denon DN-700R recorder on the digital side
SubVet

Postby Bill Stevenson » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:41 pm

I went with Audio Sensibility Silver Statement throughout my system. The overwhelmingly positive recommendations here plus the ability to try them with full return privileges persuaded me. No regrets whatsoever.
Bill Stevenson

Return to General Audio