Just Bought An Aries 3-D

Re: Just Bought An Aries 3-D

Postby 10ovr » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:27 pm

Brf wrote:Looking very very nice. Yes, I am a fanboy of your woodworking skills

The lonely picture of your SLP-05 power supply is just crying out for a vintage Mullard GZ34 rectifier tube!

Quick question, the hollow portion of the corner supports of the pre-amp platform, will they house an air suspension bladder?

Long story short,,My dog and cat like to play tag,,Well dump ass me left the door open and the dog chased the cat into the room ,the cat went behind the rack and the dog slid into the rack and knocked the spikes out of the little discs that just sit on top of the legs ,,The top platform was was hanging by a tread and almost lost my TT,,So the blocks are to make sure the rack can't come apart if hit,,, Im still using spikes inside,, The leg's that go into the top of the box with the spikes do not touch the box,,1/16 space all-around ,The lower part of the box fits snug on the upper part of the lower rack leg,, This way I still get the advantage of the spikes,,,Hope that make sense ,,Never thought of Air Suspension Maybe down the road,,,,,As for tubes,,The one in the picture has a Mullard Holland GZ34 Metal Base ((NOS 1957 )) $$$$$$ Ouch,,,, Made a big difference < as for all the other I have tried a few RCA NOS Reds And Blacks but it made things to bright,,,So I went back to the stock tubes ,And I like them,,LOL saved some money there :D
10ovr

Postby 10ovr » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:27 am

Well I went ahead and ordered a 12" 3DM tonearm to complete my upgrade ,they tell me it's 4 weeks out to get it :shock:
10ovr

Postby Johnny » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:10 am

10ovr wrote:Well I went ahead and ordered a 12" 3DM tonearm to complete my upgrade ,they tell me it's 4 weeks out to get it :shock:

What's a 3D"M"?
Johnny

Postby 10ovr » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:33 am

Johnny wrote:
10ovr wrote:Well I went ahead and ordered a 12" 3DM tonearm to complete my upgrade ,they tell me it's 4 weeks out to get it :shock:

What's a 3D"M"?

Well Mat says there is no carbon wrap,,Harry says there is a carbon wrap , My dealer is scratching his head and told me it seems to be a Mystery on how it's made,,So we laughed and decided to call the 3DR a 3DMystery tonearm,,, :lol:
10ovr

Postby Johnny » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:44 am

10ovr wrote:
Johnny wrote:

What's a 3D"M"?

Well Mat says there is no carbon wrap,,Harry says there is a carbon wrap , My dealer is scratching his head and told me it seems to be a Mystery on how it's made,,So we laughed and decided to call the 3DR a 3DMystery tonearm,,, :lol:

I walked into that one...........well done.

BTW, where's the pictures of your new amp and speakers?
Johnny

Postby 10ovr » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:49 am

Finishing the rack in the next few days and then I well start putting it all together ,,
10ovr

Postby 10ovr » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:34 pm

Rack finally finished ,,Amps and speakers the weekend ImageIMG_1248 by Tim Morgan, on Flickr
10ovr

Postby Guss2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:42 pm

Looks great man, can't wait for the next installment.
Guss2

Postby 10ovr » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:23 pm

Amps came out of there crates today and put on there platforms ,, Blade II's out of the boxes and the Gaia II installed,, Just like Harry said them dam thing really stick to the floor so I made some Tiger Maple platforms with felt on the bottom of the legs so I can slide them around and hear what sounds good ,Still need to finish cleaning my TT ,, But Im getting there,,, :D
ImageIMG_1251 by Tim Morgan, on Flickr
10ovr

Postby MMMC » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:21 pm

10ovr wrote:Amps came out of there crates today and put on there platforms ,, Blade II's out of the boxes and the Gaia II installed,, Just like Harry said them dam thing really stick to the floor so I made some Tiger Maple platforms with felt on the bottom of the legs so I can slide them around and hear what sounds good ,Still need to finish cleaning my TT ,, But Im getting there,,, :D
ImageIMG_1251 by Tim Morgan, on Flickr

Tim,
Beautiful work!!!

MMMC
One of the last HRX production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

PreviousNext

Return to General Audio