Little Fwend Automatic Tonearm Lift

Re: Little Fwend Automatic Tonearm Lift

Postby DeathFugue » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:26 am

Recently, mine has developed a problem with the lifting mechanism. Sometimes it lifts up while a recording is playing, which either causes the needle to skip, or it lifts the needle completely off the record. I can usually just press it back down and all is well, but today I had to do that about five times in order to get it to stay put. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I wrote them, but it will be several days before they respond.
DeathFugue

Postby DeathFugue » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:55 pm

To their credit, they send me a brand new one! Plus, they paid the return postage to Norway. Now, that's good customer service.
DeathFugue

Postby miner » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:17 pm

^ No issue like that. Like others with the ring clamp, on my Aries 3x3 it is a tight fit between clamp and arm board. May have to not use it since removing the clamp also interferes wit the LF. Those who have it on their arm board - how does it work there?
McIntosh C2300 pre; McIntosh MC452 amp; McIntosh MCD500 SACD; VPI Aries 3 with 3D arm and Ortofon Cadenza Black MC cartridge; Manley Chinook SE; PS Audio P5 regulator; VPI SDS; Pioneer RT707 R2R; Sonus faber Cremona Auditor M; REL B1 sub-bass system
miner

Postby Dorian » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:32 pm

DeathFugue wrote:To their credit, they send me a brand new one! Plus, they paid the return postage to Norway. Now, that's good customer service.

That's excellent to hear. No problems like that with mine, to-date.
VPI Prime #959 | SoundSmith MIMC Star | iFi iPhono v2 (Herron VTPH-2A ordered) | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Previous

Return to General Audio