Little Fwend Automatic Tonearm Lift

Re: Little Fwend Automatic Tonearm Lift

Postby Orchids1 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:28 pm

Perpetual pun: Very cool.
Avenger, SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3 pre, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Postby ppomerantz » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:09 pm

Anyone using either The Lift or The Levitator? These 2 lifters seem to run around $100.

Fwend is pricy and Q Up does not impress me.
VPI Aries 1 w/Classic 3 Arm, Aries 1 platter, VAS Nova, VPI SDS, TerraStone feet
Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Morrow Audio PH5 Reference Phono Cable
Target wall mount shelf, Maple Butcher Block base
ppomerantz

Postby spinblackcircle » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:14 pm

ppomerantz wrote:Anyone using either The Lift or The Levitator? These 2 lifters seem to run around $100.

Fwend is pricy and Q Up does not impress me.

The Q Up probably cost $1 to make but I've used it now on three different tables and I've been perfectly happy with it. I looked at some of the others but could not justify spending the money.
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby Gary1955 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Yes, Little Fwend is pricey- the best usually is. I'm impressed by how this thing works and do not regret for one second buying it.
VPI HR-X rim drive w/magnetic drive platter, 3D Ref. 12" tonearm, Lyra Titan-i cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M & Elevator, tri-amped horn system w/electronic crossover.
Gary1955

Postby adeep42 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:51 am

+1 for Gary. Recently replaced my Qup. Quiet, gentle, elegant solution. Definitely worth the money.
Prime #631
Symposium Footer Damping Inserts
Hide in the Sound Mat
Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
Bob's Devices VPI SUT
Bottlehead Eros PhonoPre
Phoenix Eagle & Tach
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre & Mono-blocks
Martin Logan Summit X's
Cambridge Audio 752BD
adeep42

Postby Jim » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:10 am

I received my LF after a short delay (I got a fwendly email from the 2 partners who apologetically explained they were balancing LF production with their day jobs). Installation was straight forward, nesting easily on the arm board support of my Classic 3. I agree with those who have applauded this little device: simple, noiseless, solidly built and elegant. I don't mind the price for this kind of quality, especially when it's a labor of love created by two people with a really great idea.
Jim
Classic 3 with 3D tonearm, Peripheral Ring Clamp, XLR Output & VAS Nova 0.4mV cartridge. LKV Veros One phono stage, ARC Ref 5 SE preamp, ARC Ref 75 SE amp, Aerial Acoustics 7T speakers.
Jim

Postby tony22 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:29 pm

How easy is it to adjust the height of the LF when, say, a different arm wand is placed on the arm mount and the LF needs to be adjusted for this?
Pass XP-20, AVA 600R, Shahinian Diapasons, PS Audio PWT & DS, HW's Classic 3 with 300RPM / 3D / HRX feet, Benz SL and L2 carts, Pass XP-15, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby Jim » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:08 pm

tony22 wrote:How easy is it to adjust the height of the LF when, say, a different arm wand is placed on the arm mount and the LF needs to be adjusted for this?

Tony,
Adjusting the height is pretty straightforward. Loosening a small set screw near the top of the cylinder (via a supplied hex wrench) allows up and down positioning of a piston that fits into the cylinder. The LF is available as 2 models: High and Low. For my Classic 3 the High model works fine.
Jim
Classic 3 with 3D tonearm, Peripheral Ring Clamp, XLR Output & VAS Nova 0.4mV cartridge. LKV Veros One phono stage, ARC Ref 5 SE preamp, ARC Ref 75 SE amp, Aerial Acoustics 7T speakers.
Jim

Postby tony22 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:29 am

Thanks Jim. Do you have in on the plinth or the tonearm mount platform?
Pass XP-20, AVA 600R, Shahinian Diapasons, PS Audio PWT & DS, HW's Classic 3 with 300RPM / 3D / HRX feet, Benz SL and L2 carts, Pass XP-15, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:09 pm

It's on the black tonearm mount platform, just next to the aluminum triangular plate.

Per the company's website, the high model is suited for a clearance of 49 - 82mm from the LF's base to the underside of the arm wand, after VTA has been set to your liking. The clearance for the low model is 32 - 49mm. http://www.littlefwend.com/about/
Jim

PreviousNext

Return to General Audio