What about the Plinth?

Re: What about the Plinth?

Postby Tirebiter » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:58 pm

MMMC wrote:Tirebiter,

WOW!!!
..........as I have decided to go for broke by using 2" plate the route I will be taking is to use a machine shop. If I were going the 1/4" plate route I would likely have tackled it myself and applied your suggestions. Much appreciated regardless.

Go on with your bad self!!!
My HRX plinth is a bit under 2". You must be more than just a little excited, because I am, and it's not even my turntable!!! Looking forward to your photo chronicle of the project when completed. BTW, I think you and I are the only two on the Forum with a ZYX Universe II riding on their tonearm. It's tunnel vision now for you, until completion.

MMMC

Thanks! My biggest challenge now is getting a machine shop to respond, not surprising given current circumstances but this too shall pass.

Golear wrote:Good luck Tirebiter.

By the way, check out the Rega RP-10.
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/rega_rp10.htm

I've heard the RP-10 and it's stunningly good. I think Rega has a really good idea with their ceramic material and irregular shape. It's super light, but very rigid. It's weird handling it. My brain expected something that light to be flimsy, and something that rigid to be much heavier.

As with anything, there are many approaches that can be taken to find a solution and Rega seems to be on an interesting if not unconventional path that apparently works quite well. The value and results of unconventional thinking!
TNT Jr, Graham Phantom III, ZYX Universe II LOMC, Tempo Electric Silver Phono Cable, Amazon B-lab Phonoamplifyer, Lamm LL2 Pre , Lamm ML 2.1 Monoblocks, Avantgarde Duo Grosso....and a Thorens TD 160 Mk I in standby....
Tirebiter

Previous

Return to General Audio