Elusive Disc Black Friday Sale

Elusive Disc Black Friday Sale

Postby 10ovr » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Elusive Disc Black Friday Sale Save 25-50% On Soundsmith Cartridges,,There are some smoke-n deals,,If your looking for a cart worth a look,, http://www.elusivedisc.com/default.asp
10ovr

Re: Elusive Disc Black Friday Sale

Postby Dorian » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:02 pm

I saw that. I've never heard a Sussurro Mk II but love my Zephyr MIMC Star. Is the Sussurro a big step up from the MIMC Star? If yes, seems like a bargain at $2500.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Cat5plus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:37 pm

In addition to the Sound Smith deals Elusive Disc has Certified Factory Rebuilt Lyra Helikon MC Cartridge 0.5mV for 1350.00. Heck you can't even buy a used, beat up Helikon for that price!
VPI Classic Signature 3D, Lyra Titan i, Ortofon MC A90, Eagle, Roadrunner, Pass Labs X-1 pre, Pass Labs X ono Phono, Pass Labs X 250.5, dcs/Berkeley digital, B&W 805D, JL Audio Fathom sub, Cables: Nordost, Siltech.
Cat5plus

Postby Jprod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:15 pm

I have no doubt that the soundsmith carts are great. The one dealbreaker for me is waiting months for a retip when the time comes.
VPI Prime with ortofon 2m black, Manley Chinook phono preamp, Wyred4sound STP-SE preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters, audio sensibility signature cables
Jprod

Postby Dorian » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:13 pm

Jprod wrote:I have no doubt that the soundsmith carts are great. The one dealbreaker for me is waiting months for a retip when the time comes.

True. I’m coming up on two months wait and still no ETA.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Dorian » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:50 pm

Take a look at the soundsmith website and you’ll see they’ve radically overhauled the look of the whole cart line. This explains the deep discounts on the current models. Can’t say I like the new look, a bit too “bling” for my taste.
Dorian

Postby Orchids1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:30 am

Jprod/Dorian, I’m genuinely surprised by a two-month wait for a SoundSmith cartridge retip. SoundSmith assigns priority to repairs on its own cartridges. If I can recall, my SoundSmith retip took a bit less than 3 weeks. However, SoundSmith is a small operation, and they sometimes lose track of the priorities assigned to the cartridges that are on hand for repair. If you’ve waited too long, give them a call. Rich
Avenger (w/mods)+SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu/tach, Sutherland 20/20, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cbl; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; dedic. 20A circuits.
Orchids1

Postby 10ovr » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:45 am

Now this is just me but not having a spare cart is like driving a car with no spare tire ,,, :lol:
10ovr

Postby Dorian » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:51 am

I was very lucky that forum member jonathanb kindly offered to lend me one of his unused carts. I've been running that for the past two months.

Anyone care to comment on the new 'ES DEMS Design' design of all the sounsmith carts on their site? I'm not a fan of the look.
Dorian

Postby jonathanb » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:58 am

Orchids1 wrote:Jprod/Dorian, I’m genuinely surprised by a two-month wait for a SoundSmith cartridge retip. SoundSmith assigns priority to repairs on its own cartridges. If I can recall, my SoundSmith retip took a bit less than 3 weeks. However, SoundSmith is a small operation, and they sometimes lose track of the priorities assigned to the cartridges that are on hand for repair. If you’ve waited too long, give them a call. Rich

I spoke to Peter Lederman yesterday who told me that they have been absolutely inundated with cartridge repairs recently. They still give priority to repairing their own cartridges but they can't do all of them at once.
Prime Signature #9 | 10" 3DR/VdH RG-8 | 10" 3DR/Transfiguration Phoenix S | 10" 3D/VAS Nova Mono | Aurorasound ViDA | Gryphon XT MC | Gryphon M100 (x2) | Evolution Acoustics MicroOne | Morrow and Gryphon cables
jonathanb

Next

Return to General Audio