Lyra Atlas-Best price I have seen

Lyra Atlas-Best price I have seen

Postby MMMC » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:00 pm

For those in the market for a, and considered by many to be "THE" best of the best top of the line phono cartridges, below is the best price I have seen for a Lyra Atlas-without a trade in. Happy shopping!

https://www.amazon.com/Lyra-Atlas-Reference-Phono-Cartridge/dp/B009DHGJQA/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1534675450&sr=1-2&keywords=Lyra+phono+cartridges

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Re: Lyra Atlas-Best price I have seen

Postby Stringreen » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:21 pm

Amazon has a great return policy.....what a great way to hear what this thing sounds like....
Stringreen

Postby Dorian » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:57 pm

It’s a third party seller. I wonder if they are an authorized retailer?
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby MMMC » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Stringreen wrote:Amazon has a great return policy.....what a great way to hear what this thing sounds like....

I hope there is an authorized Lyra retailer geographically near your location where you can hear an Atlas in person rather than take the route of purchasing, only with the intent to "test drive", then return. With that said...................,
Please, ....No offense is intended to anyone, but I feel a bit guilty with my positing this item now. Considering that many high end tables belong to readers of this forum, and at a $2,000 slash off the normal US retail price, my intent was to hopefully serve someone seriously considering purchasing a high end cartridge, rather than merely an opportunity to kick the tires. The seller does state their business is an authorized retailer of all products they sell. I have no connection nor relationship with the seller, but assume they are not a major player in the analog world, who would then be stuck with a used Atlas to sell. I am also making the assumption the return rate for the Atlas is close to zero due the high level of manufacturing quality. I also further accept all criticism due me for posting these remarks.

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby Peer Gynt » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:19 am

MMMC wrote:
Stringreen wrote:Amazon has a great return policy.....what a great way to hear what this thing sounds like....

I hope there is an authorized Lyra retailer geographically near your location where you can hear an Atlas in person rather than take the route of purchasing, only with the intent to "test drive", then return. With that said...................,
Please, ....No offense is intended to anyone, but I feel a bit guilty with my positing this item now. Considering that many high end tables belong to readers of this forum, and at a $2,000 slash off the normal US retail price, my intent was to hopefully serve someone seriously considering purchasing a high end cartridge, rather than merely an opportunity to kick the tires. The seller does state their business is an authorized retailer of all products they sell. I have no connection nor relationship with the seller, but assume they are not a major player in the analog world, who would then be stuck with a used Atlas to sell. I am also making the assumption the return rate for the Atlas is close to zero due the high level of manufacturing quality. I also further accept all criticism due me for posting these remarks.

MMMC

Your reaction was my reaction. I never would have thought that someone would do this to a retailer ... and I cringed when I read it. I hope it was a comment made in jest.
Peer Gynt

Postby Brf » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:18 am

Although I have no direct knowledge of Amazon's return policy on "specialty" items, most cartridges returns are limited to "defective" replacement only for the reasons outlined in prior posts. IME, most brick and motar stores will work with you on price when you get into the $10K+ cartridge territory.

With regard to online equipment sales, my experience tells me that sometimes the least expensive price is not the best overall deal, but I do respect that some people have limited access to qualified dealers and have limited options.
Brf
Site Admin

Return to General Audio