VPI Going to the New York Show in November 2018?

VPI Going to the New York Show in November 2018?

Postby suntea » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:38 pm

I was looking at the web site for the NYC show at the Park Lane Hotel starting November 9 and did not yet see VPI listed as attending. I was hoping they were, especially sine it is so close to their home.

Does anyone know if they are planning to attend as an exhibiter?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic 3, Dynavector XX2 MK2,McIntosh 2300 Pre,McIntosh MC275 VI Amp,McIntosh MVP861 disc player,Tannoy Turnberry Speakers,REL T9i woofers
suntea

Re: VPI Going to the New York Show in November 2018?

Postby suntea » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 am

Can anyone from VPI that can tell us about this? Plans need to be made if people want to attend and this could be a decision making item!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic 3, Dynavector XX2 MK2,McIntosh 2300 Pre,McIntosh MC275 VI Amp,McIntosh MVP861 disc player,Tannoy Turnberry Speakers,REL T9i woofers
suntea

Postby Marc » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Hello Suntea!
Normally, we do not have a dedicated room at the New York Show. However, we do normally have multiple turntables on display for you to listen to through other exhibitors. We also normally have Mat, Jane, and myself walking the show for one of the days.

If you are looking to meet and greet with the VPI team & turntables I'd suggest to look into Capital AudioFest. We exhibit there and we are doing some cool special things for it this year. Can't reveal too much info on it quite yet though 8-)

If you have any other questions please let me know.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VPI HR-X, Fatboy, & Voyager Phono| Ortofon A95| Musical Fidelity M6si | KEF LS50 in Frosted Black | AudioQuest Victoria & Rocket 88
Marc
Site Admin

Postby jonathanb » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Marc wrote:Hello Suntea!

If you are looking to meet and greet with the VPI team & turntables I'd suggest to look into Capital AudioFest. We exhibit there and we are doing some cool special things for it this year. Can't reveal too much info on it quite yet though 8-)

What, there's beans Harry hasn't spilled yet? :D
jonathanb

Postby suntea » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:51 pm

Marc wrote:Hello Suntea!
Normally, we do not have a dedicated room at the New York Show. However, we do normally have multiple turntables on display for you to listen to through other exhibitors. We also normally have Mat, Jane, and myself walking the show for one of the days.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks Marc. Where and when is the Capital Audiofest?
suntea

Postby jonathanb » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:14 pm

jonathanb

Postby Marc » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Thank you for posting the link jonathanb!

The show will be: November 2, 3, 4, 2018 at the Twinbrook Hilton, Rockville MD.

This is my favorite show as an exhibitor. It's a very laid back environment and we get the chance to really interact with everyone and share some great stories. I've been going there since the 2015 show and can't wait for it each year. It's an open invite for the whole VPI staff to go down and we try to get our whole product line on display. This year we are doing two rooms so it's twice the fun!

In the past we've built a turntable from scratch infront of everyone, had two world class performance compete against the system, and one year we tried to have the VPI Band play but we all sort of forgot to show up for band practice and got cold feet at the last second. Mat still came with trombone in hand and ready to play :lol:

Also, if you go make sure to check out Odyessy at the Montrose room. Klaus knows how to set up a room! Last year he transformed a hotel room into an outdoor area setting and the year before that he did some awesome lighting displays. I tend to sneak off to his room a lot and have a great time. Just don't tell Mat if you see me there :lol:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VPI HR-X, Fatboy, & Voyager Phono| Ortofon A95| Musical Fidelity M6si | KEF LS50 in Frosted Black | AudioQuest Victoria & Rocket 88
Marc
Site Admin

Return to General Audio