Terrastone Platfoms

Re: Terrastone Platfoms

Postby jmcox » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:08 pm

FYI I was also concerned (well mildly anyway) about the aesthetics of the brass with my Avenger. After discussing with Dan he's making me a set of TerraCones with nickel finish. I should receive them in a few days . . . so we'll see how they look. I'm also getting him to make up a TerraStone platform to work with the Avenger foot print.
VPI Avenger/Transfiguration Proteus, VAS Nova Gold .25, VAS .30 MONO/Ring Clamp/SDS/EAR MC4 SUT/Manley Chinook SE phono/Primaluna Dialogue Premium preamp/McIntosh MC 40 mono blocks/Ampsandsound Cornscallas/Kimber Select all cables, Furman Reference 15i
jmcox

Re: Terrastone Platfoms

Postby Mr_Putty » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:22 am

JMCox:
Your mention of your house being a vibrating box reminds me of an idea I want to try. While I have a concrete floor, I have a front wall that vibrates with my A/C fan motor. I may try adding stone countertop material to the wall to dampen the vibrations. I am suggesting you do something similar where your TT mounting bracket is attached to your wall. I would add about 30 pounds to the wall studs to lower the frequency of vibrations. I can’t tell you how much improvement you will get, but I think you will be very pleased with the result.
Mr_Putty

Previous

Return to General Audio