VAS Cartridge Repair - Great Job Steve Leung

VAS Cartridge Repair - Great Job Steve Leung

Postby Peer Gynt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:28 pm

I mentioned in Harry’s thread on cartridge repair that I’d sent a cartridge to Steve Leung at VAS and that the turnaround time had been very short. It was just a bit over two weeks, including ground transportation time from TN to NJ and back.

I picked up a Dual Pivot kit while I was waiting for the cartridge to get back, and this evening I finished the set up. More on that in another thread.

Regarding the repair though, I am very pleased. The cartridge is doing everything right. It is even better than new.

Steve Leung and VAS are definitely worth giving custom. I will use them again.
Peer Gynt

Re: VAS Cartridge Repair - Great Job Steve Leung

Postby jmcox » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:59 pm

+1 on working with Steve.
VPI Avenger/Transfiguration Proteus, VAS Nova Gold .25, VAS .30 MONO/Ring Clamp/SDS/EAR MC4 SUT/Manley Chinook SE phono/Primaluna Dialogue Premium preamp/McIntosh MC 40 mono blocks/Ampsandsound Cornscallas/Kimber Select all cables, Furman Reference 15i
jmcox

Postby mreeter » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:17 am

I've purchased a pair of Steve's Citation II Mono Block Amplifiers and one of his Nova Signature Cartridges. Excellent Products, experience and Service!
VPI Classic Signature SE
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
VAS Audio Citation II Monoblock Amps
Polk Audio SDA SRS 3.1TL
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun/Audio Sensibility Wires
mreeter

Postby aztwang » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:34 pm

I sent Steve my Sumiko Blackbird. He upgraded it with his secret sauce for better detail and it was ready in less than a week...Great price and communication,
Could not be happier!!...Thanks Steve!!
Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP EL34- VPI Classic Signature- VPI JMW 10" 3D- SDS
Mobile Fidelity Studio Phono stage- Blue Jeans Interconnects & Blue Jeans Speaker cable
Goldenear Triton 1’s
aztwang

Postby VinBob » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 pm

I had the pleasure of hanging out with the 'great man' who looked at my VAS Nova setup and validated that all was good for me - now I can enjoy his work of art and be happy! :D

Here is a picture of me with Steve during my recent visit to his HQ in Cliffwood NJ!

Vin & Steve in Cliffwood NJ.jpg
Vin and the Great Man Steve Leung!
Vin & Steve in Cliffwood NJ.jpg (120.74 KiB) Viewed 516 times
VPI Prime | VAS Nova Special 0.4mV | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Sutherland 20/20 | Bryston BP-25 & 3BSST | Focal 826W Chorus V LE | SVS SB-1000 | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby suntea » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:01 pm

VinBob wrote:I had the pleasure of hanging out with the 'great man' who looked at my VAS Nova setup and validated that all was good for me - now I can enjoy his work of art and be happy! :D

Here is a picture of me with Steve during my recent visit to his HQ in Cliffwood NJ!

Can you please post Steve's contact info? Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic 3, Dynavector XX2 MK2, McIntosh 2300 Pre, McIntosh MC275 VI Amp, McIntosh MVP861 disc player, Dali MS5 Speakers, REL T9i woofer (2)
suntea

Postby 10ovr » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:04 pm

suntea wrote:
VinBob wrote:I had the pleasure of hanging out with the 'great man' who looked at my VAS Nova setup and validated that all was good for me - now I can enjoy his work of art and be happy! :D

http://vasnyinc.com/ Great guy to work with and talk to
10ovr

Postby suntea » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:46 pm

10ovr wrote:
suntea wrote:

http://vasnyinc.com/ Great guy to work with and talk to

Thank you!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic 3, Dynavector XX2 MK2, McIntosh 2300 Pre, McIntosh MC275 VI Amp, McIntosh MVP861 disc player, Dali MS5 Speakers, REL T9i woofer (2)
suntea

Postby ppomerantz » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:47 am

So here's my Steve story.

Last Saturday I was dusting off my turntable and trashed my Vas Nova cartridge. Problem was I was hosting 45 members of the New Jersey Audio Society at my house Sunday. I got in touch with Steve and he came over Sunday with his beautiful wife and a brand new Vas mounted to a VPI armwand. Armwand did not fit on my pivot, so Steve transferred the cart to my arm and let the party begin. And Steve hung around until the end so we could spin disks all afternoon.

Steve took my cart with him to repair and I picked it up today. It sounds better than before and that's saying something.

Oh and we had a special guest at the party.

0373ef11d76a365ef0d7394073b3d252.png
0373ef11d76a365ef0d7394073b3d252.png (704.7 KiB) Viewed 266 times
VPI Aries 1 w/Classic 3 Arm, Aries 1 platter, VAS Nova, VPI SDS, TerraStone feet
Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Morrow Audio PH5 Reference Phono Cable
Target wall mount shelf, Maple Butcher Block base
ppomerantz

Postby Brf » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:49 am

Great endorsement(s) of Steve's work. I don't know Steve nor have I had a cartridge re tipped by a third party, but based on user comments and Steve's growing reputation, I just might give him a try.
Brf
Site Admin

Return to General Audio