Stillpoints and Prime Footers

Re: Stillpoints and Prime Footers

Postby Lewisranchmike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:23 pm

jmcox wrote:I'd be interested to hear some impressions on the Terra Cone footings. Lewisranchmike and Adeep did you say that you had ordered some footings from Edensound yourself? I am currently also talking to Dan at Edensounds myself about possibly fitting a set on my Avenger. Have you guys had a chance to form an opinion yet?

Hello Jmcox, just started listening with Terrastones. I have a pretty good system and I have been doing tweaks as we all do. My last tweak was #4 silk thread instead of rubber belts and there DEFINITELY was a noticeable improvement in blacker background and detail. I think this can be attributed to less motor noise (and AC wall vibration noise) being transmitted to table. Now with the Terrastones I have even more of what I noticed with the silk thread. I believe I am getting even less noise that would have come from traveling through normal Prime feet. I have even more air around voice and instruments. Soundstage is deeper(not to be confused with wider). My table is mounted on my wall and being in Texas AC is always running and of course vibrations travel across the wall. I have a maple block and Symposium Seque ISO to minimize these type of effects but with the addition of tweaks like silk thread and the Terrastones I believe I am further mitigating and noise that might silll make its way to the table. I actually noticed improvements before Preamp warmed up. Just my $0.02, for what it is worth.

Best,

Mike in Austin
VPI PRIME, VAS Nova Gold, TerraStone Footers, Symposium Seque Iso, Stillpoints LPI, VPI Periphery Ring, Eagle PSU, Roadrunner Tach, Audio Sensibility Statement, ARC Ref Phono 2SE, ARC Ref 5SE, McIntosh MC252, KimberKable 8TC, Vandersteen 3A Sig
Lewisranchmike

Postby jmcox » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Mike, is this what you chose for your prime?

http://edensoundaudio.com/shop/terracone-threaded/
VPI Avenger/Transfiguration Proteus, VAS Nova Gold .25, VAS .30 MONO/Ring Clamp/SDS/EAR MC4 SUT/Manley Chinook SE phono/Primaluna Dialogue Premium preamp/McIntosh MC 40 mono blocks/Ampsandsound Cornscallas/Kimber Select all cables, Furman Reference 15i
jmcox

Postby Lewisranchmike » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:13 pm

jmcox wrote:Mike, is this what you chose for your prime?

http://edensoundaudio.com/shop/terracone-threaded/

Hello Jim:

Yes, that is it but Dan helped me get the exact one. I do not know how to populate all the pull downs. Just give him a call he is very helpful.

Best,

Mike
VPI PRIME, VAS Nova Gold, TerraStone Footers, Symposium Seque Iso, Stillpoints LPI, VPI Periphery Ring, Eagle PSU, Roadrunner Tach, Audio Sensibility Statement, ARC Ref Phono 2SE, ARC Ref 5SE, McIntosh MC252, KimberKable 8TC, Vandersteen 3A Sig
Lewisranchmike

Previous

Return to General Audio