Stillpoints and Prime Footers

Re: Stillpoints and Prime Footers

Postby Stringreen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:59 pm

Adeep,....... have you tried BearPaws.....I thought B/P's were better on my system than TerraStones. He'll send you a set to experiment...... Happy Listening
Stringreen

Postby Jbelben » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:17 am

Hi

I replaced the feet on my Classic 4 with Isoacoustics GAIA II and the difference was quite substantial. You may only need GAIA I depending on the weight.

PS Harry uses them under his KEF Blades

Thanks
Jbelben

Postby Johnny » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:18 am

Jbelben wrote:Hi

I replaced the feet on my Classic 4 with Isoacoustics GAIA II and the difference was quite substantial. You may only need GAIA I depending on the weight.

PS Harry uses them under his KEF Blades

Thanks

Not sure how the Isoacoustic sound but they sure look great!
Johnny

Postby Lewisranchmike » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 pm

sailorman wrote:If anyone does replace the footers on their Prime I may be interested in purchasing their original Prime footers.

Just PM you if you are still interested. I will be getting the Terrastones and will sell my Prime feet.

Mike in Austin
VPI PRIME, VAS Nova Gold, TerraStone Footers, Symposium Seque Iso, Stillpoints LPI, VPI Periphery Ring, Eagle PSU, Roadrunner Tach, Audio Sensibility Statement, ARC Ref Phono 2SE, ARC Ref 5SE, McIntosh MC252, KimberKable 8TC, Vandersteen 3A Sig
Lewisranchmike

Postby Packgrog » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:01 am

Stringreen wrote:Adeep,....... have you tried BearPaws.....I thought B/P's were better on my system than TerraStones. He'll send you a set to experiment...... Happy Listening

Can you describe the difference that you heard? What else is in your setup?
VPI Scout Jr., Audiomods Classic, Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena, RME Babyface Pro
Packgrog

Postby Orchids1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:32 am

Jbelben, Glad the Isoacoustics footers worked out for you. However, Isoacoustics footers are, I believe, designed specifically for speakers, which is why Harry uses them there. Footers intended for turntables usually are designed differently and are mechanically more complex, and typically have some different acoustic properties. Ask Harry about his VPI footers. Rich
Avenger (w/mods), SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu + tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; Amazon Echo
Orchids1

Postby Jbelben » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi

I used the GAIA’s under my speakers as well and that is what prompted me to try them with my turntable. The results speak for themselves, but I would be interested in having Harry try them with a VPI turntable... and hearing his feedback.

Thanks

Jerry
Jbelben

Postby Lewisranchmike » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:22 pm

Orchids1 wrote:Bear-claws, or something similar, would seem to be a more appropriate choice. Stillpoints Ultra 5 footers, which are a common choice for turntables, will cost about 50% of the price of your Prime. I imagine that any improvement in sound quality over Bearclaws would not be substantial. This doesn’t yield a very attractive price/performance ratio in relation to other possible upgrades. Apart from the sonic benefits of footers in general, is there something specific that you want to accomplish. Rich

Good point, I talked with Dan at EdenSound and went for the Terrastone.

Mike in Austin
VPI PRIME, VAS Nova Gold, TerraStone Footers, Symposium Seque Iso, Stillpoints LPI, VPI Periphery Ring, Eagle PSU, Roadrunner Tach, Audio Sensibility Statement, ARC Ref Phono 2SE, ARC Ref 5SE, McIntosh MC252, KimberKable 8TC, Vandersteen 3A Sig
Lewisranchmike

Postby MOON » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:23 am

I used to have the Terra stone footers but switched to Am can footers on a Superscoutmaster a few years back. I haven't yet tried the all brass footers but String reenactment might be on to something there.
Prime 152, Lyra Kloes, Waynes Perifery Ring 3.8 lb, Stillpoint LPI , Simaudio 610 Evolution phono stage , Audio Sensibility silver statement phono cable.
MOON

Postby jmcox » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:43 pm

I'd be interested to hear some impressions on the Terra Cone footings. Lewisranchmike and Adeep did you say that you had ordered some footings from Edensound yourself? I am currently also talking to Dan at Edensounds myself about possibly fitting a set on my Avenger. Have you guys had a chance to form an opinion yet?
VPI Avenger/Transfiguration Proteus, VAS Nova Gold .25, VAS .30 MONO/Ring Clamp/SDS/EAR MC4 SUT/Manley Chinook SE phono/Primaluna Dialogue Premium preamp/McIntosh MC 40 mono blocks/Ampsandsound Cornscallas/Kimber Select all cables, Furman Reference 15i
jmcox

PreviousNext

Return to General Audio