Vinnie Rossi

Re: Vinnie Rossi

Postby mitchlim » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi,

Are your Photostage a 1.5 version (with CineMag step up transforemer) ? Mine is not (waiting for version 2.0 to release), but I am adding a Bob Devises SUT (CineMag), the improvement is quite significant, worths to take a look.
mitchlim

Postby gene9p » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:43 am

I am using my Manley Chinook tube phono stage. I did not get the Dac or the phono though Vinnie offered them at a nice price. I only added XLR inputs and out puts. I have Bryston BDA1 dac for cd playback. I read about the new phono stage with the cinemag SU built in. Sounds like a great idea and changing loads via remote is very kool. It would take a lot for me to part with the Chinook. If the 2.0 DAC wasn't so costly I would have considered it. I don't know much about the Audio Karma dacs. I would like to hear Vinnie's take on why he chose them over Burr Browns or Wolfson's for example.

What tubes are you using or do you have the DHT?
CLASSIC 2 WALNUT,w CLASSIC 3 ARM, SDS
HW SPECIAL VAS NOVA .4v
MANLEY CHINOOOK
Vinnie Rossie LIO integrated
KRELL CD Player
BRYSTON BDA-1
HARBETH 7es-3
MORROW AUDIO + AUDIO SENSIBILITY Cables
WAYNE'S OUTER RING
gene9p

Postby gene9p » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:39 am

Having added the amp mod today to the LIO I have to say this is the best integrated I have ever heard.It's just stunning in my set up. I thought it was special as a pre amp but adding the internal amp takes it to a new level. With a new line of products coming out there will be trade ins available at discounted prices. Try one if you can. Highly recommended.
HW SPECIAL VAS NOVA .4v
MANLEY CHINOOOK
KRELL CD Player
BRYSTON BDA-1
HARBETH 7es-3
WAYNE'S OUTER RING
gene9p

Postby spinblackcircle » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:23 pm

gene9p wrote:Having added the amp mod today to the LIO I have to say this is the best integrated I have ever heard.It's just stunning in my set up. I thought it was special as a pre amp but adding the internal amp takes it to a new level. With a new line of products coming out there will be trade ins available at discounted prices. Try one if you can. Highly recommended.

Ron of New Record Day has his available at a pretty good price.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=158747.0
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby gene9p » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:55 pm

yes...can easily be updated to silent switching.The warranty is not transferable unfortunately but Vinnie will take care of anyone who buys it, you can bet on it. Vinnie gave me a full 10 year warranty so look to buy from him directly even for trade ins and parts.Right now I would get in touch as his new line is hitting the streets and he is accepting LIOs back for trade.

The amp mod is driving my B&W 805 signatures with ease and beautiful sound as well as the Harbeth 7's too.Nice problem to have.
HW SPECIAL VAS NOVA .4v
MANLEY CHINOOOK
KRELL CD Player
BRYSTON BDA-1
HARBETH 7es-3
WAYNE'S OUTER RING
gene9p

Previous

Return to General Audio