TBA

TBA

Postby 10ovr » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:15 pm

So I saw 4 albums I wanted from Music Direct,, 20% off ,,,Availabitity TBA,, So I Ordered them,, Dire Straits 180g 45 RPM,,,Well I got a email they shipped,, Now the funny part,,I ordered the 11/28 /16,,,Just short of 3 years,,So is that a record for the longest wait for a TBA :lol:
10ovr

Re: TBA

Postby Ducky » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:49 am

I think the updated ADS has you beat by a year..... :roll:
Ducky

Postby Johnny » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Ducky wrote:I think the updated ADS has you beat by a year..... :roll:

Huge +1

Very disappointing. Looks like all of VPI 2019 developmental effort was put towards a $120k statement table. It would appear that SOTA understands and is responding to a VPI market need.
Johnny

Postby Ducky » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Just received my Music Direct catalogue; the current ADS has a 25% price increase (now $1250). Interesting marketing move now that SOTA has released what appears to be a much better PSU for $725 and that includes the better motor and pulley. WTH? :?:
Ducky

Postby Mat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:59 am

It was slated to be at CAF in the room next to our statement piece but due to medical complications on the back end the finished/production unit didnt make it out. A lot of unfortunate craziness on the personal side has happened over here during 2019 which made it an extra rough year, but all on track now. 8-)

No worries on more with our ADS launch, it is coming. (I know, so is Spring!) But is almost there.

In the meantime, good on SOTA for making that relationship work having a solution.
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:33 am

Mat wrote:It was slated to be at CAF in the room next to our statement piece but due to medical complications on the back end the finished/production unit didnt make it out. A lot of unfortunate craziness on the personal side has happened over here during 2019 which made it an extra rough year, but all on track now. 8-)

No worries on more with our ADS launch, it is coming. (I know, so is Spring!) But is almost there.

In the meantime, good on SOTA for making that relationship work having a solution.

Sorry Mat, but this excuse is wearing thin. All small company’s go through staffing challenges etc. which creates service and delivery issues, BUT manage and mitigate its impact through effective communication with their customers. VPI has a loyal and understanding customer base, but imho VPI has not effectively utilized it own forum to communicate with them, instead, VPI lacks of participation is driving members away.
Johnny

Postby elader » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:04 am

dude, the engineer was in the hospital. VPI isn't Sony.
VPI Aries 3, Ortofon Cadenza red, VPI SDS, custom Cinemag SUT
Audible Illusions Modulus 3A, Primaluna Prologue 5
REGA Apollo R, PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
KEF R300, pangea stands, SVS SB12 sub
elader

Postby Johnny » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:44 am

elader wrote:dude, the engineer was in the hospital. VPI isn't Sony.

....and we would know that how!

I respect confidentiality, but not a word from VPI until sh!t hits the fan.
Johnny

Postby masluck1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:15 pm

Johnny wrote:

Actually, it would be "....and we know that how?" :lol:

What defecation is hitting the rotary oscillator, Johnny? :o This is, as we say in Central NY, a "friggin" hobby. Get real! What does it matter that we have a delay for a few months on a product that let's you sweat frequency deviations that most folks can't hear? I thought this crazy stuff only happens on the Audio "Assylum", but not here....the man was in the hospital....think!!!

Masluck
VPI TNT IV JMW 12.0, VPI SDS, VAS Nova HW, Blue Circle 703 SE, Blue Circle BC3000 MKII GZpz SE, Blue Circle NSP-G, Blue Circle BC501b, Moon 260D CD, Blue Circle BC6000, Sonus Faber Liuto speakers, Rythmik F12SE subs, Luminous Audio/Triode Wire Labs cable
masluck1

Postby Johnny » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:50 am

masluck1 wrote:
Johnny wrote:

Actually, it would be "....and we know that how?" :lol:

What defecation is hitting the rotary oscillator, Johnny? :o This is, as we say in Central NY, a "friggin" hobby. Get real! What does it matter that we have a delay for a few months on a product that let's you sweat frequency deviations that most folks can't hear? I thought this crazy stuff only happens on the Audio "Assylum", but not here....the man was in the hospital....think!!!

Masluck

A couple of points that will help put this issue into perspective...

* This is VPI's own forum
* VPI is very active on social media and other online forums, but rarely post on their own forum....why??
* Mat posted a teaser regarding a bunch of new VPI products that will be debuting at CAF
* CAF came and went, no new product announcements other than the $120K table
* A lot of VPI users put potential purchases on hold until the CAF release i.e. 14" Fatboy and upgraded ADS
* VPI forum members followed up on the status of the new products, no update from VPI, nothing
* A lot of VPI members referenced that email nor calls were not been returned
* Dealers could not provide any updates

Yes, this is hobby ,and many of us have invested significant dollars into VPI products. This is not a hobby for VPI, its their business. VPI has always championed their customer service as a selling point, but of late, it has only been reactionary, not proactive. How hard would it have been for VPI to post "Due to unforeseen circumstances, we will be unable to debut some of our new products at CAF", and then follow up later with an update. Business 101 - manage customer expectations!

To answer one of your questions "What defecation is hitting the rotary oscillator"....VPI total ack of response to concerns posted by their existing customers.

BTW, I see that you posted a question about an issue with your TNT, did you ever try emailing VPI for a resolution?
Johnny

Next

Return to General Audio