Busted Symposium Prime Footer Insert

Re: Busted Symposium Prime Footer Insert

Postby 10ovr » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:29 am

Brf wrote:
Dorian wrote:Peter is sending a replacement free of charge, no questions asked. Excellent customer service.

Did Peter confirm that the through bolt was sheared?

I would like to know to,,Dose not looked sheared to me...and working on cars all my life I have sheared a few bolts, :lol:
10ovr

Postby bdp24 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:02 pm

I just removed the cone feet from my Aries 1, and the threaded rubber isolators than screw onto them (thereafter hidden within the plinth of the Aries) look to be the same as those on the Prime. Does the Symposium Acoustics replacement isolator fit the Aries 1 as well?
bdp24

Postby Brf » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:02 am

bdp24 wrote:I just removed the cone feet from my Aries 1, and the threaded rubber isolators than screw onto them (thereafter hidden within the plinth of the Aries) look to be the same as those on the Prime. Does the Symposium Acoustics replacement isolator fit the Aries 1 as well?

I would give Symposium a call but I do know that they fit the Aries 3 (I did this swap out for a friend).
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Dorian » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:06 am

10ovr wrote:
Brf wrote:
Dorian wrote:Peter is sending a replacement free of charge, no questions asked. Excellent customer service.

Did Peter confirm that the through bolt was sheared?

I would like to know to,,Dose not looked sheared to me...and working on cars all my life I have sheared a few bolts, :lol:

As I said, there were no question asked! I didn't ask and neither did he. Sorry!
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby bdp24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:46 am

Brf wrote:
bdp24 wrote:I just removed the cone feet from my Aries 1, and the threaded rubber isolators than screw onto them (thereafter hidden within the plinth of the Aries) look to be the same as those on the Prime. Does the Symposium Acoustics replacement isolator fit the Aries 1 as well?

I would give Symposium a call but I do know that they fit the Aries 3 (I did this swap out for a friend).

Thanks Brf, I'll do that. It had occurred to me, but I thought "Naw, Peter can't know the design of the foot on every single VPI model". Perhaps he does! I'll let ya'll know what he says. I'm also looking into both the GAIA III and Townshend Audio Seismic Pods as possible replacement feet.
bdp24

Postby Brf » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:37 am

bdp24 wrote:
Thanks Brf, I'll do that. It had occurred to me, but I thought "Naw, Peter can't know the design of the foot on every single VPI model". Perhaps he does! I'll let ya'll know what he says. I'm also looking into both the GAIA III and Townshend Audio Seismic Pods as possible replacement feet.

When you call Peter, have the dimensions of your current bumper, that way if he is unfamiliar with the Aries 1, he can cross reference the dimensions with that of the Classic and Prime inserts. I have no experience with the Townshend when used as a TT footers, but the GIAA work well with VPI tables.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby bdp24 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Here's what Peter told me: He believes someone had installed the Classic/Prime Footer Damping Kit on an Aries 1. I told him the stock isolator screwed into my Aries 1 plinth and cone feet is 1" in diameter and 3/4" tall, and he said he thought his isolator was 1" x 1". There is a slight difference between the Classic and Prime versions, and I think the Classic version is more appropriate for the Aries. The two are priced at $249 and $225 (I don't recall which is which) for a set of four. The GAIA III (for loads up to 70lbs.) is available for $199 for a set of four, and may or may not provide better isolation than the Symposium Acoustics Damping Kit. Then there is the Townshend Audio Seismic Pods. Choices, choices!
bdp24

Postby madrac » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:54 pm

there's a set of these inserts (prime) on usaudiomart for sale from Galen Carol

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649 ... nsert-kit/
madrac

Previous

Return to General Audio