While I'm waiting

Re: While I'm waiting

Postby 10ovr » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:11 pm

Orchids1 wrote:Please send us a picture of the rack with your additional elements when it’s set up. Thanks. Rich

Well do Rich,,The weather in AZ is killing me,,Never seen this much rain and cold..Have to wait for it to warm up to do my Lacquer work,,The good news is my HRX with Mag Drive and Fat Boy well be here Thursday :D so I can finish this up and get back to playing vinyl ....
10ovr

Postby Orchids1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:38 am

Tim, I can empathize. A few years ago, I designed a fairly simple looking, but actually rather complex, built-in cabinet to house all of my electronics excluding speakers. I don’t have the skills to do the construction, so I had to hire a talented woodworker to build and install it. He was very meticulous, and although the end result is beautiful, it took a very long time. I was bereft while the work went on for several months and I was without vinyl. Rich
Avenger (w/mods)+SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu/tach, Sutherland 20/20, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cbl; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; dedic. 20A circuits.
Orchids1

Postby Orchids1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:55 am

Tim, BTW, I used to spend a lot of time in Phoenix and Tucson this time of year. The weather was always very pleasant, although every so often there was a prematurely hot day. I can’t remember seeing any rain, except intermittently, and I don’t remember anything colder than 60 or so. The only snow I saw was on the tops of the mountains. Do you live in northern AZ, where the weather may be different, or are you experiencing the effects of the recent storms that are responsible for spectacular skiing conditions in Colorado. Rich
Avenger (w/mods)+SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu/tach, Sutherland 20/20, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cbl; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; dedic. 20A circuits.
Orchids1

Postby 10ovr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:43 pm

I live in Fountain Hills just east of Scottsdale and Overgaard az, Overgaard is in N AZ on the rim,,Its been a crazy winter,,2 weeks ago it snowed about a foot in Fountain Hills,In the 30 + years I have lived here it's never snowed in FH ,,and 38" in two days up north ,All the roads in N AZ were closed down for days,,The rain has stopped for a few days and should be able to finish today and yup are weather is going up through CO,,,I got stuck up in Overgaard for 4 days thinking it would not be that bad LOL Was I wrong,, Took about 3 hours to dig out the truck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ImageIMG_1392 by Tim Morgan, on Flickr
Last edited by 10ovr on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10ovr

Postby 10ovr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:11 pm

So got the HRX with Fat Boy and no Mag Platter WTF,,, Had them send it to VPI in Dec to install and was told it was back in Feb ready to go and just waiting for the Fat Boy,,,,The guy I deal with is out of town till Monday and no one else knows what is going on,,They want me to send it back with a two week turnaround from VPI :? ,,Ain't life funny ,,Maybe I well just skip the Mag Drive ,,Im pretty much done at this point,,,
10ovr

Postby tony22 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 am

That's really a bummer, Tim. :( Are you dealing directly with VPI or a dealer?
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Zephyr Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby 10ovr » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:28 am

tony22 wrote:That's really a bummer, Tim. :( Are you dealing directly with VPI or a dealer?

Dealer,,Not sure who dropped the ball,,Well know Monday
10ovr

Postby Brf » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:15 am

Tim, I feel your disappointment and I respect your urge to throw in the towel on the mag drive upgrade. All I can say is that the mag drive upgrade will be worth the added delay and inconvenience.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby 10ovr » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 am

Brf wrote:Tim, I feel your disappointment and I respect your urge to throw in the towel on the mag drive upgrade. All I can say is that the mag drive upgrade will be worth the added delay and inconvenience.

I know,,,I was just in shock when I opened the box,,, :shock: I guess after waiting 4 months 2 more weeks won't hurt to much if it is just 2 weeks LOL,,,
10ovr

Postby 10ovr » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:17 pm

moving forward I installed my side rack ,,,,,,,,ImageIMG_1431 by Tim Morgan, on Flickr
10ovr

Previous

Return to General Audio