Record Store Day

Re: Record Store Day

Postby SubVet » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Brf wrote:
SubVet wrote:Well I am really looking forward to RSD this year. There are more on my want list then in years past.

Jason Isbell Live EP
TVZ - Austin City Limits
Procol Harum - Whiter Shade of Pale - EP
Pink Floyd - "Interstellar Overdrive" 12"
Stevie Nicks EP 10” (6 songs)
Gram Parsons & The Fallen Angels – Live 1973
McCartney’s Demo Cassette
Ted Wulfers - The Cubs Won It All In 2016 (gift for a Cub fan friend, even though I'm a Cardinal fan)

Subvet, my issue is not finding anything I want, my issue is my inability to purchase the item before they are sold out.

I only expect to have trouble finding the Procol Harum and Pink Floyd items. I'd better not have problems finding the Isbell record or I will be upset. I'll probably have to go to multiple stores as Bullmoose only allows one copy of a RSD release at the beginning and I'd like a backup of the Isbell record.
Soundsmith MIMC Star on VPI Aries 3 w/ Classic 3 Arm and SDS
Pass Labs XP-15, Pass Labs XP-10, Pass Labs X-150.8, Audio Sensibility cables and Harbeth C7ES-3 Speakers
Marantz SA8005 and Denon DN-700R recorder on the digital side
SubVet

Postby The Progmeister » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:46 pm

I have to agree.
Brf wrote:
SubVet wrote:Well I am really looking forward to RSD this year. There are more on my want list then in years past.

Jason Isbell Live EP
TVZ - Austin City Limits
Procol Harum - Whiter Shade of Pale - EP
Pink Floyd - "Interstellar Overdrive" 12"
Stevie Nicks EP 10” (6 songs)
Gram Parsons & The Fallen Angels – Live 1973
McCartney’s Demo Cassette
Ted Wulfers - The Cubs Won It All In 2016 (gift for a Cub fan friend, even though I'm a Cardinal fan)

Subvet, my issue is not finding anything I want, my issue is my inability to purchase the item before they are sold out.
The Progmeister

Postby asanalaskan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:45 pm

spinblackcircle wrote: Wow, when did I turn into my parents......

LOL, kinda sneaks up on you doesn't it

Brf wrote:Subvet, my issue is not finding anything I want, my issue is my inability to purchase the item before they are sold out.

yeah, im lucky that I live in a smaller market I guess, less competition from hipsters. I usually have 1-2 records I really want and hand full of ones I want, this year there are none that I really want though, and showing up early to wait in line to maybe get a couple records that are ok is hard to justify on a Saturday morning. I also have to drive an hour to get to the store from home :cry:

SubVet wrote:Well I am really looking forward to RSD this year. There are more on my want list then in years past.Jason Isbell Live EPTVZ - Austin City LimitsProcol Harum - Whiter Shade of Pale - EPPink Floyd - "Interstellar Overdrive" 12"Stevie Nicks EP 10” (6 songs)Gram Parsons & The Fallen Angels – Live 1973McCartney’s Demo CassetteTed Wulfers - The Cubs Won It All In 2016 (gift for a Cub fan friend, even though I'm a Cardinal fan)

Good luck, pink Floyd is one im looking out for too. The little red corvette picture disc, Curtis Knight and Jimi, Sublime Badfish for the wifey.

anyone after the Cory Feldman album? :lol:
asanalaskan

Postby baddog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:20 pm

Pink Floyd - Interstellar Overdrive - Check

AIR - Le Soleil - Check

Stevie Ray Vaughn - Carnegie Hall - Check

Dexter Gordon - Walk the Blues - Check

Bill Evan - Another Time - Check

Wynton Kelly Trio - Smokin in Seattle - Check
Roon | Intel NUC6i5SYH | VPI Avenger Reference | Devialet 440 Pro | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Stillpoint Apertures | LPs
baddog

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:29 pm

I noticed that a lot of these records were already on eBay selling for astronomical prices before the stores even opened. What a joke. This is the last time I'll stand in line in the rain to get nothing.
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Postby weust » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:34 pm

I got my Dee-lite.
Never had the original album, but shows Groove is in the heart as a remix?

Need to listen to it. Haven't had the time yet.
Did find it very pricey for a two song, pink vinyl.
But, that's RSD too I guess.
VPI Classic 3 Rosewood with 3D tonearm | Koetsu Black | MIT Magnum M1 phono cable | Devialet 400 | Marten Miles 5 | Audio Research CD2 | Intel NUC streamer
weust

Postby spinblackcircle » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:01 pm

I had given up on RSD, but we happened to be at the mall getting a bike for my son. I walked into Newbury Comics and there smiling at me was one last copy of the Grateful Dead album I wanted. Alnost made up for missing the FedEx guy by 5 min who was delivering the ADS. I'm OK waiting til Tuesday now that the RSD Gods hooked me up. :D
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby baddog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Congrats on that. I am lucky that the store I visit gets in a reasonable amount of product, and that it wasn't too crowded at 800AM in the morning. The Ebay thing with RSD is unfortunate, I don't see that trend abating.

Sadly I was unable to locate the one copy of U-Roy - Dread in a Babylon that the store received, but cannot complain as I wasn't expecting to find much of interest.
Roon | Intel NUC6i5SYH | VPI Avenger Reference | Devialet 440 Pro | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Stillpoint Apertures | LPs
baddog

Postby ppomerantz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:43 pm

RSD in New Jersey is tough sledding. Very long lines at PREX, Vintage Vinyl and Scotti's so I started buying online the last couple of years with reasonable success. I try not to pay much over retail so I night have to wait a bit for some of the most sought after releases to drop in price.

Beginning on Sunday, I've scored the following from Discogs and Bull Moose:

Fleetwood Mac-Alternate Mirage
Kinks- 2 EPs
Madonna-Dance Mix
Lou Reed-Live in London
Santana-Live at Woodstock
Sara and Tegan
Patti Smith-Hey Joe
Todd Rundgren-Utopia Live
Springsteen-Hammersmith Live
David Bowie-BOWPROMO
Art Pepper Quartet

Still Looking for Grateful Dead, Stevie Ray Vaughn, The Doors. If I don't get them, so be it. Santana was the one I really wanted.
VPI Aries 1 w/Classic 3 Arm, Aries 1 platter, VAS Nova, VPI SDS, TerraStone feet
Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Morrow Audio PH5 Reference Phono Cable
Target wall mount shelf, Maple Butcher Block base
ppomerantz

Postby spinblackcircle » Wed May 03, 2017 3:43 pm

For anyone who wanted Dave Matthews Live at Red Rocks RSD release and missed out, the standard black vinyl version is available for pre-order at the DMB store.
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Previous

Return to Just For The Record