Record Store Day

Record Store Day

Postby asanalaskan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Just a week and a half to go, didn't see much that I'm excited about this year, how about you? Any suggestions for new artists to check out, I am open to almost anything but mostly listen to rock, blues, country, folk, Bluegrass, but also reggae, hip hop and classical

http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases
asanalaskan

Re: Record Store Day

Postby weust » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:29 am

Here in The Netherlands I'm going for Deee-Lite (Groove is in the heart) and the vinyl release of Fridolijn (Changing Currents).
Latter is a Dutch singer. Have the CD which is a very good recording, and looking forward to the vinyl release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i6UuRVCX8Y

Other then those two, nothing I'm interested in really.
VPI Classic 3 Rosewood with 3D tonearm | Koetsu Black | MIT Magnum M1 phono cable | Devialet 400 | Marten Miles 5 | Audio Research CD2 | Intel NUC streamer
weust

Postby asanalaskan » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Deee-lite is one of the few I'm interested in too. Id never heard of Fridolijn I like her, thanks for the link. I actually have some Dutch ancestry, my mothers maiden name was Vanderpool, so I've gotten a couple Dutch 45s off of ebay, Black Sabbath and I think a Beatles single. I would love to make it over there for a visit some day.
asanalaskan

Postby weust » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Just keep in mind that both Black Sabbath and The Beatles are British ;-)

Nice to see you like Fridolijn. If you want the record, you can order it from her site http://www.fridolijn.com/ in the shop there.

Also, Vanderpool would originally have been "van der Pool", most likely.
VPI Classic 3 Rosewood with 3D tonearm | Koetsu Black | MIT Magnum M1 phono cable | Devialet 400 | Marten Miles 5 | Audio Research CD2 | Intel NUC streamer
weust

Postby The Progmeister » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:59 am

I have mixed views about record store day. On the one hand i think it's a great event and attracts many of the right people. However, i can't help thinking that in many ways it is an event being exploited by market forces with a lot of "special release for record store day" titles feeding a collectors market which although there is no harm in it could potentially allow unscrupled individuals to capitalise upon. My attitude is EVERY DAY IS RECORD STORE DAY!
The Progmeister

Postby asanalaskan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:12 pm

weust wrote:Just keep in mind that both Black Sabbath and The Beatles are British

yeah, I already have a few British Black Sabbath albums, they are one of my favorite bands so I collect random BS. 45s often have different art and band photos, something different to collect.

The Progmeister wrote: EVERY DAY IS RECORD STORE DAY!

I agree, there is no shortage of resellers on ebay, there are even "pre sale" RSD releases already up for sale
asanalaskan

Postby spinblackcircle » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:55 pm

asanalaskan wrote:I agree, there is no shortage of resellers on ebay, there are even "pre sale" RSD releases already up for sale

I've ordered some RSD releases that were sold out in store in the past. I was going to order an album this year from one of these "Pre-Order" dealers until I realized they were asking a $40 premium. No thanks, don't need it that bad. WIth the limited record stores I have near me, I've given up on RSD. Everything good is gone in minutes of the doors opening. I'm not up to camping out in line waiting for the doors to open to then fighting hipsters for the albums I want. They can go home and untie their man-buns and kick back and ruin their new purchases on their Crosleys. :evil: Wow, when did I turn into my parents......
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby Brf » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:06 pm

spinblackcircle wrote:
asanalaskan wrote:I agree, there is no shortage of resellers on ebay, there are even "pre sale" RSD releases already up for sale

I've ordered some RSD releases that were sold out in store in the past. I was going to order an album this year from one of these "Pre-Order" dealers until I realized they were asking a $40 premium. No thanks, don't need it that bad. WIth the limited record stores I have near me, I've given up on RSD. Everything good is gone in minutes of the doors opening. I'm not up to camping out in line waiting for the doors to open to then fighting hipsters for the albums I want. They can go home and untie their man-buns and kick back and ruin their new purchases on their Crosleys. :evil: Wow, when did I turn into my parents......

I've given up also. My new motto with respect to RSD - Expect nothing and avoid disappointment.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby SubVet » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Well I am really looking forward to RSD this year. There are more on my want list then in years past.

Jason Isbell Live EP
TVZ - Austin City Limits
Procol Harum - Whiter Shade of Pale - EP
Pink Floyd - "Interstellar Overdrive" 12"
Stevie Nicks EP 10” (6 songs)
Gram Parsons & The Fallen Angels – Live 1973
McCartney’s Demo Cassette
Ted Wulfers - The Cubs Won It All In 2016 (gift for a Cub fan friend, even though I'm a Cardinal fan)
Soundsmith MIMC Star on VPI Aries 3 w/ Classic 3 Arm and SDS
Pass Labs XP-15, Pass Labs XP-10, Pass Labs X-150.8, Audio Sensibility cables and Harbeth C7ES-3 Speakers
Marantz SA8005 and Denon DN-700R recorder on the digital side
SubVet

Postby Brf » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:37 pm

SubVet wrote:Well I am really looking forward to RSD this year. There are more on my want list then in years past.

Jason Isbell Live EP
TVZ - Austin City Limits
Procol Harum - Whiter Shade of Pale - EP
Pink Floyd - "Interstellar Overdrive" 12"
Stevie Nicks EP 10” (6 songs)
Gram Parsons & The Fallen Angels – Live 1973
McCartney’s Demo Cassette
Ted Wulfers - The Cubs Won It All In 2016 (gift for a Cub fan friend, even though I'm a Cardinal fan)

Subvet, my issue is not finding anything I want, my issue is my inability to purchase the item before they are sold out.
Brf
Site Admin

Next

Return to Just For The Record