What are you listening to right now...

Re: What are you listening to right now...

Postby DeeCee » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Listened to Bootsy Collins - World Wide Funk (at least the first disk) and WOW! Outrageous old school funk with additional bass players such as Victor Wooten and Stanley Clarke.

The bass will threaten to push you out of the room... a must have for p-funk fans; with a nifty comic book to boot!

VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

Postby Beck » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:17 pm

Snarky Puppy's Culcha Vulcha to be followed by Beastie Boys In Sound from Way Out. Two very different but well pressed rich sounding instrumental albums. Or will it be Circles Around the Sun.... So many choices.
Last edited by Beck on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prime #16-67| Dual Pivot | Ortofon Cadenza Black | ADS | Ayre P-5xe phono preamp, K-5xe preamp, and V-5xe amp | Audio Sensibility Statement SE interconnects and Testament speaker cables | Magneplanar 3.7i | Mapleshade audio rack
Beck

Postby jonathanb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:35 am

I snagged the penultimate available copy on vinyl:
Attachments
blastSmaller.jpeg
blastSmaller.jpeg (25.41 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
jonathanb

Postby MMMC » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:07 am

Joe Henderson - Mode for Joe

Joe Henderson - Tenor Sax
Lee Morgan - Trumpet
Curtis Fuller - Trombone
Bobby Hutcherson - Vibes
Cedar Walton - Piano
Ron Carter - Bass
Joe Chambers - Bass

This very classic Blue Note should be in every dedicated Jazz enthusiast's library. The entire cast of musicians are all Jazz Hall Of Fame candidates. This Blue Note LP is VERY highly recommended.

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby DeeCee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:09 pm

A very nice jazz fusion album (just right for putting together DVD shelves from Ikea - and being more efficient, I hurt my back PRIOR to putting it together.)
VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

Postby dizzio » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:39 pm

MMMC wrote:This very classic Blue Note should be in every dedicated Jazz enthusiast's library. The entire cast of musicians are all Jazz Hall Of Fame candidates. This Blue Note LP is VERY highly recommended.
MMMC

MMMC, thanks for posting this. I ordered one today. :D
dizzio

Postby adeep42 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:02 pm

MMMC wrote:
This very classic Blue Note should be in every dedicated Jazz enthusiast's library. The entire cast of musicians are all Jazz Hall Of Fame candidates. This Blue Note LP is VERY highly recommended.
MMMC

MMIC strikes again. I ordered one earlier this morning. Big fan of all the musicians in the group.
Prime #631+Dual Pivot
Eden Sound TerraCone Footers
Wayne's Outer Ring
Hide in the Sound Mat
Ortofon A-95
Bob's Devices VPI SUT
Bottlehead Eros PhonoPre
Phoenix Eagle & Tach
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre & Mono-blocks
Martin Logan Summit X's
adeep42

Postby 930turbo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi ,

Love the Lee Morgan LP . Cant find an original pressing here in the Philippines . Brought the reissue and it sounds great.

Best regard ,

Attachments
8F367331-BC9E-4CE3-AEF5-E1ED8BC3F63F.jpeg
8F367331-BC9E-4CE3-AEF5-E1ED8BC3F63F.jpeg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 1138 times
VPI TNT 6,w/Kuzma Stogi Ref 313 VTA,Benz Micro Gullwing SLR,VPI HR-X 12.7 Lyra Kleos,ARC REF5SE line stage, REF PHONO 2SE,SP10Mk2preamp,ARC REF610T monoblocks,a pair of D79B amps,EC21active electronic X over, Duntech C5000 Princess spkr,Magnepan MG3A spkr
930turbo

Postby MMMC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:25 am

Lee Morgan: Trumpet
Wayne Shorter: Tenor Saxophone
Grant Green: Guitar
Herbie Hancock: Piano
Reggie Workman: Bass
Billy Higgins: Drums

If there are any additional Lee Morgan fans, I definitely know I am, Lee recorded many outstanding LP's, and "The Sidewinder" is widely known and collected. About the same time Lee recorded another LP, that due to the popularity of The Sidewinder LP, the "Search For The New Land" LP was overlooked for quite some time, but it's one I really love. Check it out if you want to expand your Lee Morgan section. The group is stellar, and tunes like "Mr. Kenyatta", "The Joker", "Morgan The Pirate", all very bouncy, and really sticks in your brain. Let the music play!

MMMC
Last edited by MMMC on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby Dorian » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Tool Lateralus. Chris Bellman cut from 2013.

Although it’s unfortunately a picture disc, the mix and mastering is superb! One of the greatest metal albums ever.

IMG_0495.jpg
IMG_0495.jpg (371.29 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

PreviousNext

Return to Just For The Record