Audio Sensibility Sale

Re: Audio Sensibility Sale

Postby VinBob » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:48 am

Hey All,

Thinking of going with a pair of AS Statement Silver RCA cables from the Prime to my phono preamp as I am thinking these would be an upgrade from my current Ortofon cables. Question I have, is do I need to also change my Signal Cable XLRs from the phono to my Preamp to benefit from the AS Silver cable as that would not be ideal financially right now if that is the case!

Appreciate any thoughts/advice on this before I pull the trigger...

Cheers,
Vin.
VPI Prime | VAS Nova Special 0.4mV | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Sutherland 20/20 | Bryston BP-25 & 3BSST | Focal 826W Chorus V LE | SVS SB-1000 | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby MOON » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:26 am

I switched too from ortofon to the silver statement phono cables, huge improvement. I would suggest purchasing the silver statement xlr cable from the phono stage to the pre whenever funds come available.

I used to use Cardas golden reference xlr in the position and the silver statement xlr bested that by a wide margin comparing the two cables. My friend said upon hearing the comparison, ( You are not putting that golden reference back in there are you ) I replied definately not !!
Prime 152, Lyra Kloes, Waynes Perifery Ring 3.8 lb, Stillpoint LPI , Simaudio 610 Evolution phono stage , Audio Sensibility silver statement phono cable.
MOON

Postby mreeter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:31 am

I've been using the Impact SE Cable from my TT to the Phono Preamp. I recently moved my TT away from the Main Rack and installed a 5 Meter pair of the Statement SE RCA Cables between the Phono Preamp and the Linestage.

My Phono Pre does not have Balanced Output and I'm not experiencing any Signal Loss in this long RCA run. Also picked up a 1 Meter Silver Statement Digital Cable (DAC to Linestage). The A.S. Wires are Very Good for the price of Admission.
VPI Classic Signature SE
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
VAS Audio Citation II Monoblock Amps
Polk Audio SDA SRS 3.1TL
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun/Audio Sensibility Wires
mreeter

Postby VinBob » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:40 am

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of demo (reduced) Silver Statement RCA V2 cables as I have heard nothing but great things about them. I'll sell the Ortofon cable which is not a bad cable in itself to help fund the XLR's down the road.

Cheers,
Vin.
VPI Prime | VAS Nova Special 0.4mV | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Sutherland 20/20 | Bryston BP-25 & 3BSST | Focal 826W Chorus V LE | SVS SB-1000 | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby MMMC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:02 am

VinBob wrote:Thanks for the feedback guys.

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of demo (reduced) Silver Statement RCA V2 cables as I have heard nothing but great things about them. I'll sell the Ortofon cable which is not a bad cable in itself to help fund the XLR's down the road.

Cheers,
Vin.

VinBob,

I'm pretty certain that you are going to be one very happy camper, because you've killed 2 birds with only one stone. You got a wonderful cable at a reduced price, and it's already broken in.

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby gene9p » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:58 pm

question:

can you use the silver statement phono cable from phono stage to pre amp? It's a lot cheaper than a silver statement interconnect with rca's and it's shielded. I already have a silver statement phono from VPI table to Chinook phono stage.
CLASSIC 2 WALNUT,w CLASSIC 3 ARM, SDS
HW SPECIAL VAS NOVA .4v
MANLEY CHINOOOK
Vinnie Rossie LIO integrated
KRELL CD Player
BRYSTON BDA-1
HARBETH 7es-3
MORROW AUDIO + AUDIO SENSIBILITY Cables
WAYNE'S OUTER RING
gene9p

Postby Brf » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:23 am

gene9p wrote:question:

can you use the silver statement phono cable from phono stage to pre amp? It's a lot cheaper than a silver statement interconnect with rca's and it's shielded. I already have a silver statement phono from VPI table to Chinook phono stage.

You can with excellent results (I've done it), but it is not optimal when compared to the regular silver IC. The main difference between the phono and IC is the larger conductor gauge used in the IC (19g vs 24.26g).
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Packgrog » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:43 am

I have a basic copper Impact SE RCA to RCA 0.7m Phono Cable that I should probably part with if anyone is interested, since it's just sitting around unused. $100 USD + shipping.
VPI Scout Jr., Audiomods Classic, Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena, RME Babyface Pro
Packgrog

Postby gene9p » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:31 am

Brf wrote:
gene9p wrote:question:

You can with excellent results (I've done it), but it is not optimal when compared to the regular silver IC. The main difference between the phono and IC is the larger conductor gauge used in the IC (19g vs 24.26g).

thanks..I am currently using a beautiful but long, 2M, McIntosh IC cable from my Chinook to my mac preamp. Toying with the idea since there is a sale going on .
CLASSIC 2 WALNUT,w CLASSIC 3 ARM, SDS
HW SPECIAL VAS NOVA .4v
MANLEY CHINOOOK
Vinnie Rossie LIO integrated
KRELL CD Player
BRYSTON BDA-1
HARBETH 7es-3
MORROW AUDIO + AUDIO SENSIBILITY Cables
WAYNE'S OUTER RING
gene9p

Postby audiom3 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Is anyone using the Testament speaker cables? What are your thoughts? Thanks.
Classic w/ 3D arm & VTA Tower; Kiseki Blue N.S.; Benz Micro Wood SL; Sutherland 20/20 Phono Preamp
audiom3

PreviousNext

Return to News