New Scout = Baby Prime

New Scout = Baby Prime

Postby hedgehog » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:35 am

Stumbled across a picture of the new (released at CES?) Scout. Looks nice! New here, so I haven't figured out the image posting yet.

http://www.vpiindustries.com/copy-of-scout
VPI Scout II / Grado Labs The Reference
McIntosh C47 / McIntosh MC162
Bowers and Wilkins 804D3
Wireworld Eclipse 7 cabling
hedgehog

Re: New Scout = Baby Prime

Postby spinblackcircle » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:38 am

IMHO it needs a new name, the image descriptions show "Curvy Scout". So far it's been called the Prime Jr unofficially. Scout Prime? Prime Scout?
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby hedgehog » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:41 am

spinblackcircle wrote:IMHO it needs a new name, the image descriptions show "Curvy Scout". So far it's been called the Prime Jr unofficially. Scout Prime? Prime Scout?

Sub Prime... :(
Bowers and Wilkins 804D3
hedgehog

Postby Marc » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:00 pm

Looks like you guys found the secret page ;) The page is still a WIP and was not ready for release yet
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
VPI Aries 3D| Ortofon Quintet Black| Musical Fidelity M6si | KEF LS50 in Frosted Black | AudioQuest Victoria & Rocket 88
Marc
Site Admin

Postby spinblackcircle » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:35 pm

Not that secret, wasn't that cat let out of the bag months ago in the AudioShield dust cover picture? ;)
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby Packgrog » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:19 pm

Some surprising negativity here. From the looks of it, the this new deck looks superior to the current Scout (better feet, better stock motor, upgraded tonearm, sleeker look), assuming the specs on this not-officially-released page are finalized. Feel free to send one my way! I certainly wouldn't be complaining! ;)
VPI Scout Jr., Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Audio Sensibility Impact SE Phono Cable, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena
Packgrog

Postby JohnCh » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:31 pm

Based on the Available Upgrades section of that page and the current Scout page, it appears the Classic Platter is now called the Prime Platter. Given the Classic is no more, it's understandable from a branding perspective, but still makes me a little sad to see...
VPI Classic Signature, VAS Nova Signature, Lehmann Black Cube SE II, Oppo BDP-105, VTL 2.5 w/NOS tubes, Channel Islands Audio E200S, Magnepan 1.7 w/Mye stands, REL Strata III, Audio Sensibility Impact SE & Clear Day Double Shotgun cables
JohnCh

Postby Packgrog » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Different strokes, I guess. I happen to think the Prime-based designs are both more visually pleasing and more easily identifiable as a company-specific style than the more old-school Classic. As old as I feel among my coworkers, you folks really do make me feel young by comparison. ;P
VPI Scout Jr., Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Audio Sensibility Impact SE Phono Cable, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena
Packgrog

Postby hedgehog » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:52 pm

Packgrog wrote:Some surprising negativity here. From the looks of it, the this new deck looks superior to the current Scout (better feet, better stock motor, upgraded tonearm, sleeker look), assuming the specs on this not-officially-released page are finalized. Feel free to send one my way! I certainly wouldn't be complaining! ;)

No negativity, I like the way it looks. Sub Prime was tongue in cheek. ;)
Bowers and Wilkins 804D3
hedgehog

Postby wolfyboy359 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Looks pretty good to me. :D Baby prime is right. And that's a good thing.
Scout Jr. / Ortofon 2M Black > Sutherland Ph3D > Marantz PM-14S1 Integrated > Martin Logan Motion 60XT's // Audioquest MacKenzie Interconnects, Audioquest Type 8 Speaker Cables, Ortofon Phono Cable // Cambridge Audio CXU // Sony MDR-Z1R Headphone
wolfyboy359

Next

Return to News