VPI Cartridge Recommendations

Re: VPI Cartridge Recommendations

Postby vinylb » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:28 pm

I looked at list and then started researching Soundsmith and picked up Carmen for my Classic 1. It is as detailed as 2M Black but not as bright and no surface noise too. Was going to go forZephyr mk3 but so glad I have Carmen....money saved ...... more vinyl. Harry also recommended it here somewhere too.
vinylb

Postby soundwatts » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Is the Koetsu Black Goldline a good match for the scout with JMW9?

I don't know much about unipivot with this type of cartridge. considering the purchase of a new scout.

thank you

Michael
soundwatts

Postby jima » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:00 pm

suntea wrote:
Brf wrote: I have both the Dynavector XV-1s and XX2 Mk2 and have owned the 20xl2. Although all sound very nice and with each move up in the line greater resolution and detail is obtained. By far (IMHO) the best value is the XX2 mk2! It gives you 95% of the xv-1s.

I just bought another XX2 MK2! Life is short.....

Brf - I am looking at the Dynavector cart XV-1S with Soundsmith Ruby cantilever upgrade for a can't miss purchase value (moving from Ortofon Cadenza Black) and wish to get your thoughts on it riding on a Classic III.

Jim
jima

Postby MOON » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:31 pm

Just got my Lyra Kleos back from Soundsmith with their best retip option, boron cantilever. All I can say is wow!! Sounds better than when purchased new.
Vinylb, you are right about the Carmen. I have it as well. It's a great performer and is very reasonable price wise.
Prime 152, symposium inserts, Lyra Kloes, Stillpoints LPI, HRS platform, Funk Firm Achromat,, Simaudio 610 lp Evolution phono stage & P -7 pre, W -5 LE amp, Audience Adept Response R 12 conditioner, Martin Logan Odyssey's & Depth I subs
MOON

Postby 10ovr » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:35 am

MOON wrote:Just got my Lyra Kleos back from Soundsmith with their best retip option, boron cantilever. All I can say is wow!! Sounds better than when purchased new.
Vinylb, you are right about the Carmen. I have it as well. It's a great performer and is very reasonable price wise.

So Moon how much did it cost ? I have a Lyra Kleos sitting in it's box that I never did like the way it sounded ,,Replaced it with a Vas Nova and never looked back,,Maybe I should send it in to be retiped and give it another try,,,Thanks Tim
10ovr

Postby Donc1965 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:34 pm

Mat wrote:Here is a link to our cartridge - table recommendations. These are carts that we have used in our listening room and have tested them through and through. Hope this helps a bit with all of the choices out there. This does not disqualify any carts not mentioned, it just means we personally haven't demoed it yet.

http://vpiindustries.com/cartridge.html

This link doesn't work for me. Has the Web page it refers to moved?
Donc1965

Postby Dorian » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:21 pm

10ovr wrote:
MOON wrote:Just got my Lyra Kleos back from Soundsmith with their best retip option, boron cantilever. All I can say is wow!! Sounds better than when purchased new.

So Moon how much did it cost ? I have a Lyra Kleos sitting in it's box that I never did like the way it sounded ,,Replaced it with a Vas Nova and never looked back,,Maybe I should send it in to be retiped and give it another try,,,Thanks Tim

You have a $3700 cartridge sitting in a box!?!?!?!? Let that thing out of the box man!!! I will gladly take it off your hands if it's taking up too much space in your drawer.
VPI Prime #959 | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby Marc » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Donc1965 wrote:
Mat wrote:Here is a link to our cartridge - table recommendations. These are carts that we have used in our listening room and have tested them through and through. Hope this helps a bit with all of the choices out there. This does not disqualify any carts not mentioned, it just means we personally haven't demoed it yet.

http://vpiindustries.com/cartridge.html

This link doesn't work for me. Has the Web page it refers to moved?

Currently, this link does not work with the migration of the website. We are still working on the new page.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
VPI Aries 3D| Ortofon Quintet Black| Musical Fidelity M6si | KEF LS50 in Frosted Black | AudioQuest Victoria & Rocket 88
Marc
Site Admin

Postby jima » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:05 pm

Marc wrote:

Currently, this link does not work with the migration of the website. We are still working on the new page.

Any chances this will be working soon? Have a Cadenza Black and DRT XV-1s that I'd like to see what the review comments suggest.

Jim
jima

Postby Brf » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:57 am

jima wrote:
Marc wrote:

Any chances this will be working soon? Have a Cadenza Black and DRT XV-1s that I'd like to see what the review comments suggest.

Jim

Hey Jim, I run a Dyna XV-1s with a JMW 12-3DR and I can confirm that the combination is absolutely awesome!!
Brf
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News