VPI Cartridge Recommendations

Re: VPI Cartridge Recommendations

Postby VinBob » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:24 pm

Hello All,

Have the upgrade bug and looking to move to up a level on my phono cartridge - I have a DV 20x2L with maybe 20-25 hours on it (yes, very low hours due to spending more time tweaking/upgrading and not playing!) and looking to trade in for either the DV-XX2 or Lyra Delos. Does anyone know of a good place that would give a decent trade in purchasing into either the Delos or XX2? I am essentially looking to find a place that is not going to give me $300 for my cartridge too! ;)

Cheers,
Vin.
VPI Prime | Lyra Delos | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Moon 310LP/320S | Bryston BP-25 & 3BSST | B&W CM8 S2 | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby 10ovr » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:34 pm

VinBob wrote:Hello All,

Have the upgrade bug and looking to move to up a level on my phono cartridge - I have a DV 20x2L with maybe 20-25 hours on it (yes, very low hours due to spending more time tweaking/upgrading and not playing!) and looking to trade in for either the DV-XX2 or Lyra Delos. Does anyone know of a good place that would give a decent trade in purchasing into either the Delos or XX2? I am essentially looking to find a place that is not going to give me $300 for my cartridge too! ;)

Cheers,
Vin.

VAS Nova cart blows the doors off the Lyra Delos for less money Just say n
10ovr

Postby TomD » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:42 am

VinBob wrote:Hello All,

Cheers,
Vin.

I would strongly recommend at least letting it finish breaking in. At 25 hours you haven't heard its full potential yet.
If you really don't like it, Elusive disc has been advertising trade-in for Soundsmith carts lately. Worth a try to see what they might work out.
VPI Prime Signature w/SDS, VAS Nova Sig., Parasound JC3 Phono, Parasound P7 Pre, Pass Labs XA30.8 Amplifier, Salk Exotica Monitors, 2X Salk 15" Subwoofers
TomD

Postby Spsesq » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:32 am

https://image.ibb.co/c41HnF/IMG_0066.jpg

I just had a Dynavector 10x5 retipped with a boron cantilever and linear contact nude stylus. Mounted on my spare JMW-9 memorial arm wand. Sounds amazing!
VPI 2017 Prime Scout
Ortofon 2M Black
Eagle PSU/Roadrunner tachometer
Rogue Audio Cronos Magnum II Amp.
BlueSound Vault
Harmon Kardan TD262 tape deck
Sony SCD-CE595 SACD/CD player
Schiit Vali 2 headphone amp
KEF LS50 speakers
Grado RS1e Headphones
Spsesq

Previous