VPI Prime Scout

Re: VPI Prime Scout

Postby bonsiguy1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 am

hi i just bought a super prime scout and can't wait for it to arrive . looking forward to getting back to records again after almost 40 years .the seller i got mine from is selling them in several finishes all from the factory mine is white to match my focal speakers. this table comes with the 10.5 tone arm and vpa on the fly and the massive classic 20 lb platter and bearing. it seemed to be a deal so i jumped on it. i also was wondering if the plinth can be upgraded to nicer feet and i can add the round tops for the feet on the top of the plinth? just wondering if that would be a pain ? thanks all and I'm happy to be a new VPI owner as i always wanted one from my early teens when i got into audio.
bonsiguy1

Postby spinblackcircle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:26 pm

You would need the regular Prime plinth or else you would have to start boring holes in the Prime Scout plinth to get the round tops as they sit in holes in the plinth.

Congrats on the new table, the white Prime Super Scout is one heck of a table!
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby bonsiguy1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:28 pm

thanks spin blackcircle ya now i have the table and looking it it they wouldn't fit on the back right side as the tone arm base is a lot larger now on the base it hangs over.i can't wait to get going with it still waiting for the cartridge from seller looks like its gonna be at least another week till i get rollin with my new table I'm like a lil kid waiting lol. thanks for the response .
bonsiguy1

Postby soundwatts » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:39 am

bonsiguy1 wrote:thanks spin blackcircle ya now i have the table and looking it it they wouldn't fit on the back right side as the tone arm base is a lot larger now on the base it hangs over.i can't wait to get going with it still waiting for the cartridge from seller looks like its gonna be at least another week till i get rollin with my new table I'm like a lil kid waiting lol. thanks for the response .

How do you like your super prime scout
Prime Signature
Ortofon Quintet Black
Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum ii
Manley Chinook Phono Stage
Sonus Faber Venere 2.5
Bluesound Vault 2
CAL Icon Mk2 CD Player (no longer used after purchasing new Scout)
soundwatts

Previous

Return to News