Tonearms

Tonearms

Postby curare » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:49 am

Hello to everybody,

I am new in this forum and strongly considering buying a Prime Signature.
My question is: some of you knows if it can be partnered with other tonearms? I am asking this not because doubting on the surely better combination and matching it will have with is tonearm, but to use it with a very recently bought Moerch DP8 that I had for very little money. This will allow me to save for the VPI tonearm and buying it later when founds will be more propice.

thank you for your help.

i have seen a beautifull pictur of it in rosewood. It is a special finish stil possible to get?

I wish you all happy holidays
curare

Re: Tonearms

Postby Brf » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:45 am

Most surface mount tonearms can be mounted on the Prime with little modification. Tonearms that have a threaded tower that is used to secure the arm from the bottom of the plinth (like the Moerch DP8) would require drilling a hole which can be done, but should be done by someone with the proper tools and experience.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby curare » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:12 am

thank you Brf. my either question is: does VPI sell it or another turntable without tonearm for momentarely allow me to save on the tonearm?
curare

Postby Brf » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:57 pm

curare wrote:thank you Brf. my either question is: does VPI sell it or another turntable without tonearm for momentarely allow me to save on the tonearm?

Yes, dealer can order any table without a tonearm.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby curare » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Brf wrote:
curare wrote:thank you Brf. my either question is: does VPI sell it or another turntable without tonearm for momentarely allow me to save on the tonearm?

Yes, dealer can order any table without a tonearm.

thank you for your reply.
happy holidays
curare

Return to Future VPI Owners