To a Prime Signature Rosewood ?

To a Prime Signature Rosewood ?

Postby NB_Dude » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi all,

First post here…..

I came back to vinyl five years ago with a Clearaudio Concept and have been thinking lately its time for an upgrade (now that I fell back in love with vinyl).

I have been eyeing VPI for a long time and sort of have my heart tuned into the VPI Prime Signature Rosewood. I intend to use my current cartridge for now, a Clearaudio Maestro V2 MM. It feeds a Avid Pulsus Phono>ARC VSI75 amp>Sonus Faber Olympica 3s.

This may be my retirement table per say and I am hoping that it would be what some would term “a substantial upgrade”.

I typically listen to classic rock, Grateful Dead to jazz type music and I was wondering if any of fine folks have had the same path as the one i am considering, going from the Concept to a Prime ? Can you perhaps comment on much of a impact it had over all to your vinyl listening pleasure ?

Thank you so much in advance for your thoughts…. Paul
NB_Dude

Re: To a Prime Signature Rosewood ?

Postby Brf » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:22 am

From a price perspective, the Clearaudio Concept is an excellent turntable. The Prime Signature is definitely a step up but will give you a slightly different presentation than the Clearaudio, most notably in the bass region and dynamics, all with a lower background noise. You should audition one and the Rosewood is stunning.
Brf
Site Admin

Return to Future VPI Owners