What is taking so long.

What is taking so long.

Postby Wilson667 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:59 pm

So I had a VPI scout for about two years and made the decision to upgrade to the Prime. I found a deal on Soundstage for a certified preowned Prime . Long story short Soundstage didn't have it left in stock was going to offer a open box and didn't have that so they are going to provid a new Prime on their dime. The hitch is they don't have any in stock and say it will take 3 weeks to receive one from VPI. I thought the Prime was a production table. I have a hard time understanding how it takes 3 weeks to produce. I guess I just need you to talk me of a ledge it's driving me crazy waiting this long to listen to my vinyl again.
Wilson667
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: What is taking so long.

Postby Brf » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:43 am

Setting up the manufacturing tooling is very expensive, therefore, most manufactures will have production cycles based on demand in an attempt to achieve economies of scale. I addition, the summer time is slow for audio.
User avatar
Brf
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3079
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:23 am

Re: What is taking so long.

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:32 am

Did you send them your Scout as a trade in for the Prime?
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
User avatar
Ayre Conditioned
Senior Member
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: What is taking so long.

Postby Wilson667 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:01 am

I sold the Scout privately. Soundstage doesn't take trades on the purchase of used equipment. They did offer a vey fair trade-in price.
Wilson667
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: What is taking so long.

Postby WntrMute » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:32 am

Wilson667 wrote:So I had a VPI scout for about two years and made the decision to upgrade to the Prime. I found a deal on Soundstage for a certified preowned Prime . Long story short Soundstage didn't have it left in stock was going to offer a open box and didn't have that so they are going to provid a new Prime on their dime. The hitch is they don't have any in stock and say it will take 3 weeks to receive one from VPI. I thought the Prime was a production table. I have a hard time understanding how it takes 3 weeks to produce. I guess I just need you to talk me of a ledge it's driving me crazy waiting this long to listen to my vinyl again.


I understand your frustration but you are getting a brand new prime for the cost of a used one. A little patience is not uncalled for. This is a problem brought forth by the internet and our need for instant gratification.
I remember the time I was shopping for racing parts for an Oldsmobile engine. One sent off a check to a engine part supplier (Milodon), 3 weeks later a catalog arrived. One poured over the pages and finally settled on some parts. Another check was sent off. Six weeks later the oil pan, main bearing reinforcements and pistons showed up.

Well, all needed machining to work. Main caps needed to be machined flat, oil pan didn't work until revised with TIG welder and the pistons were so high the compression ratio was through the roof. After a conversation with the supplier, I flattened the compression domes on the lathe, revised the oil pan and reworked the main bearing caps which then needed an align bore.

This isn't to discount your frustration but to illustrate just how far our expectations may have changed. The old saying: All good things come to those who wait may be appropriate here!
User avatar
WntrMute
Senior Member
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:42 pm

Re: What is taking so long.

Postby tom collins » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:42 pm

lots of other tables in the sea. many just as good or better.
TNT6HR, rim drive, superplat, outer ring + center weight, 12.0 arm, base and 12.7 armwand, SDS, SRA platform; Delos, Zu, Grado ME+ carts; Musical Surroundings Nova 2, custom SUT; Cary 30i prototype EL34 integrated amp; Devore Gibbon 8 speakers; PSB sub.
tom collins
Senior Member
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:30 pm

Re: What is taking so long.

Postby Pianist » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:43 am

I hope you have it by now! I'm still waiting for my Prime Signature.
DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna HP integrated amp; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Esoteric K-03 SACD; Audeze LCD-XC headphones
User avatar
Pianist
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Re: What is taking so long.

Postby Pianist » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:48 pm

My Prime Signature (with an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze pre-installed) shipped today! I'll have it on November 1st. :D
DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna HP integrated amp; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Esoteric K-03 SACD; Audeze LCD-XC headphones
User avatar
Pianist
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Re: What is taking so long.

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:02 pm

Pianist wrote:My Prime Signature (with an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze pre-installed) shipped today! I'll have it on November 1st. :D


I changed the shipping address to my house before it went out. :lol:
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
User avatar
Ayre Conditioned
Senior Member
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: What is taking so long.

Postby Pianist » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:00 am

Ayre Conditioned wrote:
Pianist wrote:My Prime Signature (with an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze pre-installed) shipped today! I'll have it on November 1st. :D


I changed the shipping address to my house before it went out. :lol:

Them's fightin' words, boy!
DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna HP integrated amp; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Esoteric K-03 SACD; Audeze LCD-XC headphones
User avatar
Pianist
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Next

Return to Future VPI Owners

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

x