VPI Player and ADS

VPI Player and ADS

Postby danophile » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi,

If my budget this year allows, I'm looking to hopefully purchase a new (or possibly used) VPI Player.

With that, I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use the VPI ADS motor controller with the Player? From what I've read, the Player uses a 24V AC motor, so I'm not sure if it will work with the ADS.

Thanks in advance for you answer(s)!
- danophile
danophile

Re: VPI Player and ADS

Postby Brf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:23 pm

Yes, the ADS will work with the Player.

Imho, money may be better spent moving up the Prime Scout or a Prime than adding a motor controller to the Player.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby danophile » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Brf wrote:Yes, the ADS will work with the Player.

Imho, money may be better spent moving up the Prime Scout or a Prime than adding a motor controller to the Player.

Thanks for the advice! Definitely makes sense to move up to a Prime Scout for the money, but then of course, I'll want to add an ADS to the Prime Scout!
danophile

Postby MMMC » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:47 am

danophile wrote:
Brf wrote:Yes, the ADS will work with the Player.

Thanks for the advice! Definitely makes sense to move up to a Prime Scout for the money, but then of course, I'll want to add an ADS to the Prime Scout!

danophile,

Of course you will want to add an ADS, but progress is made one step at a time. The initial investment in a better turntable will pay you dividends over a longer period of time. You can enjoy a higher performing turntable for quite some time until you can afford to add the controller. Just something to consider...

MMMC
One of the last HRX production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby JohnCh » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:23 am

If you plan to have increased budget in a year, I'd suggest buying your VPI from a dealer with a 12 month full price upgrade program. I did this with SoundStageDirect, starting with a Classic 1, then updating to a Classic Signature about 6 months later. Although I'm sure each dealer has slight differences in how they execute such a program, you can read how SSD does it here: http://www.soundstagedirect.com/equipme ... plan.shtml

-John
VPI Classic Signature, VAS Nova Signature, Lehmann Black Cube SE II, Oppo BDP-105, VTL 2.5 w/NOS tubes, Channel Islands Audio E200S, Magnepan 1.7 w/Mye stands, REL Strata III, Audio Sensibility Impact SE & Clear Day Double Shotgun cables
JohnCh

Postby Johnny » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:39 am

JohnCh wrote:If you plan to have increased budget in a year, I'd suggest buying your VPI from a dealer with a 12 month full price upgrade program. I did this with SoundStageDirect, starting with a Classic 1, then updating to a Classic Signature about 6 months later. Although I'm sure each dealer has slight differences in how they execute such a program, you can read how SSD does it here: http://www.soundstagedirect.com/equipme ... plan.shtml

-John

Good point, I just exercised my right to a 100% trade-in allowance from an Avenger to an Avenger Reference. The ONLY bad news it that is cost me another $10K - ouch. The good news is that the financial pain will wear off and the pleasure received from the new table will live on.
Johnny

Postby Dorian » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Just a casual $10K, no biggie..... :shock:
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Return to Future VPI Owners