Well, I did it

Not crazy BUT Attention NOTE-Retraction of prior comment

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Until I can find the source of my thinking, I am retracting my comment that the dual pivot is now Standard fare on new tonearms. Maybe I dreamed it? I am not on Crack? I am not drunk? Wishful thinking maybe? Hum? However, I am almost certain I read this in either a Mat or Harry post somewhere. I will have to hunt for it but in the mean time consider my comment to be incorrect, erroneous, delirious, insane.... :roll:

OK - I am not totally insane. I found the comment at AudioNirvanna (see below): Still doesn't mean it is standard (as included) (we all know things can change) but at least I am not totally crazy. Maybe he meant Standard Option?...[u][i]But I will stick with the retraction until Mat or Harry state otherwise.....

[b]
#3.1
MylesBAstor commented
12-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Harry, Mat and I talked recently and the dual pivot will be standard. Yes current 3D arm users can update their arms but I'll wait since there's a possibility of damaging the plastic arm during installation too. VPI is getting caught up on dual pivot production and reckon once Xmas season is over, the new arm will be in plentiful supply.
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI HRX Reference (MagDrive/RimDrive), 12" 3DR tonearms, Miyajima Kansui & ZERO, VPI ADS, Vendetta SCP-1
Letsmakeadeal

Re: Attention Attention NOTE - Retraction of prior comment

Postby 10ovr » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Letsmakeadeal wrote:Until I can find the source of my thinking, I am retracting my comment that the dual pivot is now Standard fare on new tonearms. Maybe I dreamed it? I am not on Crack? I am not drunk? Wishful thinking maybe? Hum? However, I am almost certain I read this in either a Mat or Harry post somewhere. I will have to hunt for it but in the mean time consider my comment to be incorrect, erroneous, delirious, insane.... :roll:

Imageth by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/152712672@N02/]
10ovr

Re: Well, I did it

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:45 pm

Thank you Doctor :mrgreen:
Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI HRX Reference (MagDrive/RimDrive), 12" 3DR tonearms, Miyajima Kansui & ZERO, VPI ADS, Vendetta SCP-1
Letsmakeadeal

Re: Not crazy BUT Attention NOTE-Retraction of prior comment

Postby Brf » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:43 am

Letsmakeadeal wrote:Until I can find the source of my thinking, I am retracting my comment that the dual pivot is now Standard fare on new tonearms.

I have commented a few times that the dual pivot offers a performance gain without any negatives that I questioned why VPI would not make it a standard offering on future tonearms. Perhaps that comment got you thinking that VPI now offers the dual pivot as standard??
Brf
Site Admin

Postby WERA689 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:04 pm

WOOT! I just got the shipping notification! Due here on Monday...it's gonna be a long weekend! :shock: :? :mrgreen:
WERA689

Postby MMMC » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:57 am

WERA689 wrote:
spinblackcircle wrote:
WERA689 wrote: I got the impression that it's mostly about azimuth adjustment, which the 3D arm seems to address better than the previous versions of the JMW arms. Have I misinterpreted what I've read so far?

While the CounterIntutive was pretty much a mandatory accessory in the past, personally I think it's more of a convenience with the 3D arm. The screw adjust azimuth weights make it super easy to adjust for azimuth.

Thanks...that's pretty much what I thought. I can always add one down the road, if I find it necessary. To start with, it seems like gilding the lilly. :ugeek:

WERA689,

First of all, congratulalions on your new Prime Signature table, and welcome to the Forum.
Unlike the majority of the many suggestions and very well intentioned advice, I would like to suggest you follow the "KISS"(Keep it simple s....) method, and initially set up your turntable using the simple tools and instructions provided to you, and for you, by VPI with your new table.
Following VPI's basic set up instructions, I can assure will yield you "very good" results. Once you are more familiar with it, then move on to more advanced setup schemes and tools. Forget about anything thing other than getting your table set up and operational. You have the rest of "forever" to fine tune and tweak every parameter known, and spend all kinds of crazy money. This hobby is foremost about the love of music, and the enjoyment of the music cut into the grooves of vinyl records. Have fun enjoying the music, not worrying about every tweak and tool. You have a great table, enjoy it.
Let the music play!!!

MMMC
One of the last HRX production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby WERA689 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:56 am

WERA689,

First of all, congratulalions on your new Prime Signature table, and welcome to the Forum.
Unlike the majority of the many suggestions and very well intentioned advice, I would like to suggest you follow the "KISS"(Keep it simple s....) method, and initially set up your turntable using the simple tools and instructions provided to you, and for you, by VPI with your new table.
Following VPI's basic set up instructions, I can assure will yield you "very good" results. Once you are more familiar with it, then move on to more advanced setup schemes and tools. Forget about anything thing other than getting your table set up and operational. You have the rest of "forever" to fine tune and tweak every parameter known, and spend all kinds of crazy money. This hobby is foremost about the love of music, and the enjoyment of the music cut into the grooves of vinyl records. Have fun enjoying the music, not worrying about every tweak and tool. You have a great table, enjoy it.
Let the music play!!!

MMMC[/quote]

Thanks! Points all well made, and well taken. And exactly what I'm planning to do. Honestly, I don't have a cartridge equal to this rig at this point. A Sonus Gold/Blue, a V15 type V, a Blue Point no. 2, and a Grado Gold, and I fully expect there's goodness in all of those that I haven't heard yet! I've always loved the Sonus, so I'm planning to install it first, and see what I can coax out. ;) This table is already quite an upgrade from my SOTA Comet w/Jelco arm, or even my Denon DP 72-L! That I was able to get a Signature instead of a Prime was just a stroke of luck. :D

All that said, I can easily see adding the pivot kit in the near term. I've been doing more reading here, and it's premise makes sense to me, the execution is simple enough, and the cost quite reasonable. Beyond that, I can easily see myself being happy for quite some time!
WERA689

Postby MOON » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:56 am

I would recommend a Mint protractor for setting up your tt. I bought one for my prime tt. The difference using the mint over the supplied vpi jig was quite a bit in sound improvement.

You may want to consider the www.symposiumusa.com footer inserts to replace the stock VPI inserts.
Prime 152, symposium inserts, Lyra Kloes, Stillpoints LPI, HRS platform, Funk Firm Achromat,, Simaudio 610 lp Evolution phono stage & P -7 pre, W -5 LE amp, Audience Adept Response R 12 conditioner, Martin Logan Odyssey's & Depth I subs
MOON

Postby WERA689 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:29 am

Oh, and I got shipping confirmation last night....it should be here Monday! :D It's going to be a long weekend, though... :?
WERA689

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Oh, and I got shipping confirmation last night....it should be here Monday! It's going to be a long weekend, though...

Awesome - Have fun! :D
Letsmakeadeal

PreviousNext

Return to Future VPI Owners