Soundstage Direct

Re: Soundstage Direct

Postby 22243crow » Sat May 06, 2017 1:19 pm

I use Soundstage for most of my vinyl needs. They do a great job with packing and customer service .I also just ordered a Manley Chinook Phono stage from them , and i can hardly wait!!!!
22243crow

Postby Guss2 » Sun May 07, 2017 10:17 am

22243crow wrote:I use Soundstage for most of my vinyl needs. They do a great job with packing and customer service .I also just ordered a Manley Chinook Phono stage from them , and i can hardly wait!!!!

A new Scout Prime and Manley Chinook, someone's going to be busy for a while. :D
Guss2

Postby Spsesq » Tue May 09, 2017 1:38 pm

As a new "audiophile" enthusiast... I love listening to music and do not go nuts over all the minutia real audiophiles do. I like good, clear undistorted sound from my music sources and I love my vinyl.

I took advantage of the Soundstage stage Direct trade in and up policy for my purchase of the new 2017 VPI Scout Prime and can say nothing but excellent things about Seth, his team, and his patience when I was waffling between turntables for my upgrade.

He spent time going over all the pros and cons of my upgrade from a ProJect Debut Carbon Esprit to a VPI Scout Prime. He never tried to up sell me, never tried to push the need for crazy accessories or some other brand on me and he answered all my questions and concerns.

I will now only buy equipment and accessories from Seth and Soundstage. I am not a plant or shill. I am an attorney in New Jersey so I research my purchases to death and he had the patience to go through all my questions, from quality of the brand to my room set up to what cartridge I planned to run in this turntable to platter mat or not. Kudos to Seth and Soundstage. I highly recommend them.
Steve
VPI 2017 Prime Scout
Ortofon 2M Black
Eagle PSU/Roadrunner tachometer
Rogue Audio Cronos Magnum II Amp.
BlueSound Vault
Harmon Kardan TD262 tape deck
Sony SCD-CE595 SACD/CD player
Schiit Vali 2 headphone amp
KEF LS50 speakers
Grado RS1e Headphones
Spsesq

Postby Dorian » Tue May 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Spsesq wrote:I am an attorney in New Jersey so I research my purchases to death...

So by extension all New Jerseys attorneys research their purchases to death? :mrgreen:

Sorry couldn't help myself...

Congrats on the new table and welcome to the club.
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby Cat5plus » Tue May 09, 2017 5:07 pm

+1 for Seth! He sure treated me with respect and patience. I don't normally like to buy high end items that I can't demo before purchase , but with the Soundstage policy it's a no brainer. When it comes to analogue Seth is THE MAN. I can't see how you can go wrong with VPI products @ Soundstage.
VPI Classic Signature 3D, Lyra Titan i, Ortofon MC A90, Eagle, Roadrunner, Pass Labs X-1 pre, Pass Labs X ono Phono, Pass Labs X 250.5, dcs/Berkeley digital, B&W 805D, JL Audio Fathom sub, Cables: Nordost, Siltech.
Cat5plus

Postby Spsesq » Tue May 09, 2017 6:14 pm

Dorien

:D it's just my attorney nature that I research stuff to death that it drives my wife crazy! It gets to the point I have a file of papers, posts and adverts all around on each turntable. In this case we went to VPI to see the actual process...I then ordered it from Seth after meeting Mat Weisfeld and grilling him ( Seth) on the Prime Scout. He was the tipping point and I am glad it went that way. Thanks for the post and I am glad to have joined the club...now to obsess over the next piece of equipment :roll:
VPI 2017 Prime Scout
Ortofon 2M Black
BlueSound Vault
KEF LS50 speakers
Grado RS1e Headphones
Spsesq

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Tue May 09, 2017 6:55 pm

What part of Joisey are you in? I used to live in Toms River. Loved it. Used to go to Seaside Heights all the time. :lol:
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Postby Spsesq » Wed May 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Marlboro :D

10 minutes from the VPI facility!

Steve
VPI 2017 Prime Scout
Ortofon 2M Black
BlueSound Vault
KEF LS50 speakers
Grado RS1e Headphones
Spsesq

Postby mreeter » Thu May 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Seth is Stirring the Pot again with his "Full Value Trade-In Program", this certainly makes that Rosewood Finished Prime Signature look even more attractive. :shock:
VPI Classic Signature SE/Soundsmith Zephyr
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
Rogue Audio M-180 Monoblock Amps
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
MIT S1 Shotgun Wires
mreeter

Postby Spsesq » Thu May 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Wow! All I can say is that it was worth the wait for the turntable!

Let me first thank Seth at Soundstage Direct for running the trade in program so I could get this awesome table. Next, and most sincerely I thank Matt Weisfeld at VPI. I live only 5 miles from the VPI facility and now twice, Matt took time from his busy day to meet me and show me the facility. This time it was for me to pick up my Prime Scout in person and they installed the cartridge and aligned the tone arm. I am a VPI guy now for life! Thank you Matt and the VPI staff who did the work and showed us around...

First I have to say what a difference this turntable makes! I had a ProJect Debut Carbon Esprit. Now I now that the difference is between a Toyota and a Maserati but if you have been driving a Toyota for a long time and can finally uograde, we'll you know what the difference is. My set is now complete. I am now running my Prime Scout with an Ortofon 2M Black. My system is the Rogue Audio Cronos Magnum, KEF LS50 speakers (coincidentally the very same speakers VPI has in their facility hooked up to their test turntables). So the match is perfect. I honestly can say I am hearing things in the soundstage I did not hear with the ProJect even running the 2M Black. For instance the soundstage is cleaner, more separated. I played Genesis-Trick of the Tail. A Firth of Fifth. The instruments placement are distinct, seperate and the vocals so clear as if Peter Gabriel is present in the room. The difference is astounding. When I played Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, the opening clarinet, which I am extremely familiar with sounded cleaner, and the piano solos were sounded as if the hammers were hitting the strings in my listening room. The 2M Black being perfectly balanced and aligned is picking up every bit of information from the groove and the separation within the soundstage is impeccable. Thanks for taking the time to install and align this Tom!

Again I want to thank Seth at Soundstage, Brf here on the forums for answering all my questions as I was waiting for the table, Mark, Tom, the staff at VPI and especially Matt. I wish VPI continued success because their product is truly worth every penny and I will be recommending VPI to everyone who will listen...
Steve
VPI 2017 Prime Scout
Ortofon 2M Black
BlueSound Vault
KEF LS50 speakers
Grado RS1e Headphones
Spsesq