Last pre-purchase nudnicky question :)

Last pre-purchase nudnicky question :)

Postby TheGreatBiguini » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:44 pm

What do folks do to keep the ball bearings in the feet from scratching whatever surfaces they're on? Are they (forgive me for asking) removable?

I guess I think too much. :) But keeping the spouse happy is the key to... well, keeping the spouse happy.
TheGreatBiguini

Re: Last pre-purchase nudnicky question :)

Postby spinblackcircle » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:07 pm

A maple cutting board is probably the most popular.
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby TheGreatBiguini » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:47 am

Thanks, sorry for posting such a dorky question. :) Wife will only let me do that if I paint it black, which I suppose I can do. Anyway, trying to also figure out how to get a dust cover which is cat-stable... I know cats, and they are gonna be right on that thing, and thrusting off it to the top of my vandersteens. :) So if I put the cover on top of the butcher block it may slide... might just get the Gingko Cloud 11 and the Gingko cover, which seems like the simplest solution.

WAF is a pain, but it led me to getting my Vandersteen Treos instead of Magneplanars, and I am happier than a tall dog in a meat market with the Treos, both aurally and visually.
TheGreatBiguini

Postby Jharris » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Gingko or symposium would also do nicely for the base. As for the dust cover Gingko or audioshield would work
Reference Analog LLC
http://www.referenceanalog.com
Jharris

Postby 10ovr » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:22 pm

TheGreatBiguini wrote:Thanks, sorry for posting such a dorky question. :) Wife will only let me do that if I paint it black, which I suppose I can do. Anyway, trying to also figure out how to get a dust cover which is cat-stable... I know cats, and they are gonna be right on that thing, and thrusting off it to the top of my vandersteens. :) So if I put the cover on top of the butcher block it may slide... might just get the Gingko Cloud 11 and the Gingko cover, which seems like the simplest solution.

WAF is a pain, but it led me to getting my Vandersteen Treos instead of Magneplanars, and I am happier than a tall dog in a meat market with the Treos, both aurally and visually.

I just screwed down corner stops to stop the dust cover from sliding off,,,Picked these up at Ace Hardwear ,,, Image
10ovr

Postby Gary1955 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:14 pm

Good idea with the corner stops 10yr. GreatBiguini, if you can't get rid of the cats I would fasten anti pigeon stainless steel or plastic spikes/grates on top of the speakers and maybe on top of the Gingko dust cover. The cats won't like it very much and will likely stop roosting there :twisted:
VPI HR-X rim drive w/magnetic drive platter, 3D Ref. 12" tonearm, Lyra Titan-i cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M & Elevator, tri-amped horn system w/electronic crossover.
Gary1955

Postby 10ovr » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:18 pm

According to the Urban Dictionary Biguini means (biguini
A large Italian penis. A more than ample Neapolitan Johnson.

Guiseppe he's-a gotta biguini (big weenie) that alla da signorinas adore.)
You should be able to do what ever you want,,,,LMAO :lol:
10ovr

Postby Orchids1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:21 pm

Maybe not. If that's what "biguini" means, then "great biguini" is redundant or superfluous, i.e., more than what is wanted or required-- sort of like a 16" tonearm.
Avenger, SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3 pre, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Postby 10ovr » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Orchids1 wrote:Maybe not. If that's what "biguini" means, then "great biguini" is redundant or superfluous, i.e., more than what is wanted or required-- sort of like a 16" tonearm.

I think this is what he was going for ,,Biguine is a rhythm-centric style of music that originated in Guadeloupe and Martinique in the 19th century. It fuses 19th-century French ballroom dance steps with African rhythms.[1]
10ovr

Postby Orchids1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:48 pm

Most likely.
Avenger, SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3 pre, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Next

Return to Future VPI Owners