Scount Jr + VPI Anniversary Cartridge

Scount Jr + VPI Anniversary Cartridge

Postby krimx0n » Fri May 14, 2021 7:14 am

Hi,

I recently got a B/Stock Scout Jr. with ATVM95E cartridge (for trivial reasons i havent used yet) and would like to get your guys opinion if it will be worth getting or will it give justice to the VPI Anniversary cart, btw it is worth a few hundred more than what i paid for the Jr. ... dont want to sound like a FAN BOY but that VPI logo on the cartridge just makes me want to press CHECKOUT. :D ... don't roll your eyes, i know having the VPI logo wont make it sound fantastic but damn its beautiful :lol: ... anyway just wanted to know if the cart will peform at its best with this turntable.

TIA
krimx0n

Re: Scount Jr + VPI Anniversary Cartridge

Postby tom collins » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:18 am

Welcome to the board and the VPI family. I am not sure who makes the Anniversary. If it is VAS or Miyajima, you will be fine. If Miyajima, you may have to add some weight to the headshell as they tend to have lower compliance than average. If made by Sound-smith, then you should have a phono stage that allows you to adjust capacitance.
TNT6HR, rim drive, superplat, outer ring, weight, 12.0, 12.7, 3d arms, SDS, SRA platform; Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, SS Gold Denon, Grado ME+ carts; Cary PH302/2 phono; Coincident Frankenstein IIs and preamp; Devore 88 speakers; 2 Goldenear Supersubs.
tom collins

Re: Scount Jr + VPI Anniversary Cartridge

Postby krimx0n » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:18 am

tom collins wrote:Welcome to the board and the VPI family. I am not sure who makes the Anniversary. If it is VAS or Miyajima, you will be fine. If Miyajima, you may have to add some weight to the headshell as they tend to have lower compliance than average. If made by Sound-smith, then you should have a phono stage that allows you to adjust capacitance.

Thanks for the welcome.. it is from Miyajima. Appreciate the suggestion.
krimx0n

Return to Future VPI Owners