It's official - I joined the squad

It's official - I joined the squad

Postby Pinipig523 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:24 pm

So, after many years of sitting on the sidelines and watching more and more of my friends go into the blackhole that is known as vinyl record playing, I decided to join in.

I have finished my initial install and tweaking and set up for my VPI Avenger Reference w/ Lyra Etna.

This is my first real table. I haven't spun vinyl since my college days in 2006, and that was a very brief experience so I'm not sure I count that truly. At that time, I had a VPI Scoutmaster and was hoping to buy the Super Scoutmaster or the HRX someday... fast forward to today: The Avenger Reference is an amazing machine.

I am truly content with my journey thus far. Hopefully, more fun times ahead!

Thx for welcoming me to the group! Hopefully I can contribute and not just soak up the knowledge here.
Pinipig523

Re: It's official - I joined the squad

Postby theeng » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Welcome to the group and what can be a life long endeavor; and have some comfort knowing that VPI will likely be here to support it.
theeng

Postby nrw » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:38 am

theeng, I have enjoyed you extensive posts on "record cleaning" and now on "anti-static" mats. I would appreciate it greatly if you could look at my post from April of this year under the heading of "doesn't look right to me" and offer an opinion if you care to. ( I sent a PM to Mat back in April, but got no reply )
Regards, norm
HRX/12" Fatboy Uni/Lyra Etna SL/Hovland Musicgroove cable
Hovland HP100
Manley Steelhead
Cary 300B monos
Avantgarde UNO MKII
Shunyata Denali 6000s V2 (x2)
Isoclean 3030 CVT
Nordost/Hovland/BIS cables
VPI HW27 Typhoon and Kirmuus USC
nrw

Postby theeng » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:39 pm

nrw wrote:theeng, I have enjoyed you extensive posts on "record cleaning" and now on "anti-static" mats. I would appreciate it greatly if you could look at my post from April of this year under the heading of "doesn't look right to me" and offer an opinion if you care to. ( I sent a PM to Mat back in April, but got no reply )
Regards, norm

Norm,

See my reply to your original post, lets not hijack this post.
theeng

Return to Future VPI Owners