Looks Like I Am Finally A VPI Family Member!

Looks Like I Am Finally A VPI Family Member!

Postby realdealfineaudio » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:03 pm

I bring news.. After the recommendations of BRF and a some other folks here, I finally found and settled on a VPI TT...

Never in a million years did I think that I'd be the proud owner of a VPI AVENGER! If all goes well and on schedule, sometime over the next 7-10 days it should be here. Now I have to wait for Steve at VAS to replace the styli on my Blackbird ! I've already compiled a list of items, things I want to add to and do on the the Avenger. That will keep me busy for a year or 3...I'm sure folks around here will be more than helpful in thinking of more ways to spend even more money...And to think, I already had my heart set on a Prime Signature.. :roll:

Not quite a HR/X or HW-40, but far more TT than I ever thought I'd own. I've been into vinyl for over 40 years and today am simply over the moon ! ! ... 8-)
realdealfineaudio

Re: Looks Like I Am Finally A VPI Family Member!

Postby Peer Gynt » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:32 pm

That’s great!
Congratulations!
Main System: MW-1 Cyclone, Lyra Etna, Ekos SE (long headshell), Radikal+Keel+Harban LP12, Conrad Johnson TEA1 + ET7s2 + LP275Ms, Revel F228Bes + ML BF210. Other source is Marantz SA-KI Ruby Ken Ishiwata Signature Reference SACD/CD/DAC.
Peer Gynt

Postby realdealfineaudio » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:11 pm

Thank you! This is the happiest audio day that I've had since I purchased my first new piece of McIntosh gear in 2005. Prior to that it was when dad gave me his Mc 2105 in 1999. The day I purchased my McIntosh MC501's rates up there too. Oh, and one day in 1985 when I purchased a new Teac X1000R, which I still have.

Of all those days, this one is the best. Been a LOOONNNNGGG WAIT! :mrgreen:
realdealfineaudio

Postby tony22 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:04 am

Congrats! Now about which other two arms you’re going to need... :D
Pass XP-20 & XP-17, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger w/mods, 12" Fatboy gimbal + 2nd mount, Benz LPS, VAS & SS carts, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, Audience and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby Brf » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:09 am

Well done! I love the excitement in your post. As audiophiles and music lovers we can all relate. Which arm did you decide to go with?
Brf
Site Admin

Postby 930turbo » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:04 pm

Congratulations & enjoy it in good health . Post a picture once it’s setup already .

Stay safe ,

VPI TNT 6,Kuzma Stogi Ref 313 VTA,Benz Micro Gullwing SLR,VPI HR-X FatBoy uni 12,Lyra Kleos,ARC REF Annv 40 line ,REF PHONO 2SE,SP10Mk2preamp,ARC REF610T monoblocks,pair of D79B amps,EC21active electronic X over, Duntech C5000 Princess spkr,Magnepan MG3A
930turbo

Postby realdealfineaudio » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:05 am

Brf wrote:Well done! I love the excitement in your post. As audiophiles and music lovers we can all relate. Which arm did you decide to go with?

For now, the stock 3D 12". Later I'll add a Fatboy, and some other things no VPI owner should be without. And I have no doubt fellow owners here will be helpful with spending even more $$ with the near limitless add-ons and upgrades this table offers... :lol:
realdealfineaudio

Postby MOON » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:17 am

Wow,
Congratulations. You got your end game turntable.
Classic 4, 12"3d, hrx pulley, 3 belts, dual pivot, sds, Pneuance NP-2 Peunmatic footers, Lyra Kloes, Waynes Perifery Ring 3.8 lb, Synergistic Research UEF Clamp, Simaudio 610 Evolution , Audio Sensibility silver statement cable, Tru lift & sweep
MOON

Postby realdealfineaudio » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:23 pm

Thank you, Moon, 930Turbo, Peer Gynt, Tony22. Yep, I got my endgame dream rig. I am so blessed and frankly amazed. When I set out on this journey, I was convinced the Prime Signature was going to be the end of the road for me, realizing this would be a stretch for the budget. When I was within a few weeks of the PS, the Avenger came into my sphere of influence, at a price that I could not walk away from. When I asked my wife her thoughts, she said, that's what you really wanted anyway hon, you need to go for it and make it happen.

Seems the stars aligned for me, everyone and everything led to this moment without any influence from me. I'm still in shock TBQH. I will post photos once it's here after I unpack it. Final setup and positioning may take a short spell, I want it to sound its best its first and look good second.
realdealfineaudio

Postby realdealfineaudio » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:53 pm

It's HERE~! Once I figure out how to upload photos I'll post some here or in the owners photo section. I can't believe it, after many many years I'm finally a VPI owner, an Avenger to boot ! :D
realdealfineaudio

Return to Future VPI Owners