New Super Prime Scout owner.

Re: New Super Prime Scout owner.

Postby jennconducts » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:42 pm

I pick up my new Super Prime Scout tomorrow from Upscale! Can't wait!

Jenn
jennconducts
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Re: New Super Prime Scout owner.

Postby soundwatts » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:00 am

jennconducts wrote:I pick up my new Super Prime Scout tomorrow from Upscale! Can't wait!

Jenn



Jenn how do you like it. what color did you pick up and what cartridge?
Prime Signature
Soundsmith Paua mkii
Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum ii
Manley Chinook Phono Stage
Sonus Faber Venere 2.5
Bluesound Vault 2
CAL Icon Mk2 CD Player (no longer used after purchasing new Scout)
User avatar
soundwatts
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:51 pm

Re: New Super Prime Scout owner.

Postby Stringreen » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:54 pm

the 3D is really quite an improvement......then put the 2nd pivot in the mix for additional smiles.
Stringreen
Senior Member
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:27 am

Re: New Super Prime Scout owner.

Postby thxdave » Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 pm

I'm getting REAL close to pulling the trigger on this 'table package. Upscale's Kat has been very patient with me while hitting her over the phone with questions. This is a big purchase for me and I'm planning to have her mount a Ortofon 2M Black. The only thing that holds me back (apart from $$$) is that I have other turntable people telling me NOT to get a unipivot table. Oh well, wish me luck. Probably get a white one, too!
thxdave
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:54 am

Re: New Super Prime Scout owner.

Postby spinblackcircle » Wed May 15, 2019 1:06 pm

thxdave wrote:I'm getting REAL close to pulling the trigger on this 'table package. Upscale's Kat has been very patient with me while hitting her over the phone with questions. This is a big purchase for me and I'm planning to have her mount a Ortofon 2M Black. The only thing that holds me back (apart from $$$) is that I have other turntable people telling me NOT to get a unipivot table. Oh well, wish me luck. Probably get a white one, too!


So many people who say not to get a Uni never owned one, or didn't know how to set it up properly. They probably also said to get a Rega or Technics 1200 since that seems to be the mentality. Many of us here have owned many, many tables and the Super Prime Scout with the 2M Black will be a great combo! You would have to really spend ALLOT more to get a big improvement. Even buying used, it would be hard to beat what you get with the SPS/2M combo at that $3500 price point.
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Ryan Speakers R630, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
User avatar
spinblackcircle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:09 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: New Super Prime Scout owner.

Postby thxdave » Wed May 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Where DOES this "hybrid" table sit in the VPI line? I know it's not a normal model for VPI so I'm guessing that they put this together for Upscale Audio, no? UA has had this "special" item listed on their site for more than a year so I'm not sure when it will no longer be offered. What would be the next model higher in the VPI line?
thxdave
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:54 am

Re: New Super Prime Scout owner.

Postby spinblackcircle » Wed May 15, 2019 1:40 pm

thxdave wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Where DOES this "hybrid" table sit in the VPI line? I know it's not a normal model for VPI so I'm guessing that they put this together for Upscale Audio, no? UA has had this "special" item listed on their site for more than a year so I'm not sure when it will no longer be offered. What would be the next model higher in the VPI line?


The next model up is the Prime. The Prime gets you the 3D arm, a heavier motor pod, thicker plinth and different feet. The SPS is essentially about 85-90% of a Prime. I'd be willing to bet, unless you had a 1500+ cartridge, you would have a hard time telling the difference.

Used 3D arms tend to be around $800-900 so if you ever wanted to upgrade, you could for not much money. The aluminum arm is worth around $500 +-
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Ryan Speakers R630, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
User avatar
spinblackcircle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:09 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Previous

Return to Future VPI Owners

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

x