finally a soon to be proud owner of VPI Prime

finally a soon to be proud owner of VPI Prime

Postby Rads108 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:25 pm

hi I've been a VPI fans for a long time I never thought that i will having a VPI turntable :lol: :o
I'm from New Zealand and our local shop here was so awesome :D
for a long time I'm eyeing for an entry level and ended on prime :shock:

just order a week ago I'm not in hurry but wanted to know how long should I get the turntable considering that I read some post here that some they waiting for a month :lol:

and my local shop offering me a good deal on BENZ MICRO glider did anyone using this what is your thought about this cartridge or any cartridge better than this on a same price level as this?

I'm using Chinese tube amp YAQIN MC100B KT88 and might be project tube box as phono stages then upgrade it later any recommend other brand on that price level as well? and I'm eyeing for falcon acoustic LS3/5a speaker will place it to guest room converting it to man cave any thought on good speaker considering just a normal size room :idea: ? thank you

Rads
Last edited by Rads108 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rads108

Re: finally a soon to be proud owner of VPI Prime

Postby jonathanb » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:21 pm

I've used a Benz Micro Glider for years. It's is a very good sounding cartridge and will mate well with the Prime's 3D tonearm.
Last edited by jonathanb on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prime Signature #9 | 10" 3DR/VdH RG-8 | 10" 3DR/Transfiguration Phoenix S | 10" 3D/VAS Nova Mono | Aurorasound ViDA | Gryphon XT MC | Gryphon M100 (x2) | Evolution Acoustics MicroOne | Morrow and Gryphon cables
jonathanb

Postby DeeCee » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Congrats on your new table! I know you'll love it! To start, I have never auditioned a Benz Micro Glider but I owned both the Gold and currently own the Wood SL and can say they match very well with VPI's arms and there is a definite "family resemblance."

I have heard other folks who have used the Glider say very positive things in regard to their choice.

If you search on this site you may possibly find some user reviews (I think I did a brief description somewhere...)

Of course, YMMV! It's all about taste and system matching.

Again, congratulations and...

Happy Listening!
DeeCee
VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

Postby Rads108 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:14 am

jonathanb wrote:I've used a Benz Micro Glider for years. It's is a very good sounding cartridge and will mate well with the Prime's 3D tonearm.

:D cheers Jonathan
Rads108

Postby Rads108 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:00 pm

DeeCee wrote:Congrats on your new table! I know you'll love it! To start, I have never auditioned a Benz Micro Glider but I owned both the Gold and currently own the Wood SL and can say they match very well with VPI's arms and there is a definite "family resemblance."

I have heard other folks who have used the Glider say very positive things in regard to their choice.

If you search on this site you may possibly find some user reviews (I think I did a brief description somewhere...)

Of course, YMMV! It's all about taste and system matching.

Again, congratulations and...

Happy Listening!
DeeCee

thank you DeeCee :D
Rads108

Postby patagonia » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:13 pm

I use my prime with a Benz Micro Wood, have heard the Glider and its also a very good cart.

From your components I don´t know the speakers but at least the amp you have if you do some tube rolling on the pre and and power tubes to replace the stock chinese ones you can have a very good start. Regarding the phono-pre on my opinion the Project Phono Box Will not honour the quality of your tt and cart combination, they can give much more with a better phono-preamp, if Budget constraints I would even prefer to spend a little less on the cart and get a better phono-preamp.
patagonia

Return to Future VPI Owners