Facebook - I love my VPI table

Facebook - I love my VPI table

Postby Johnny » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:29 pm

I just checked out a Facebook group called “I love my VPI table”.

Great source for music suggestion and a lot of real VPI enthusiasts. Reading through some of the posts there appears to be a lot of incorrect information and incorrect advice been given. I am not a big FB user, but there should be a header or notification promoting the VPI forum.

Just a thought.
Johnny

Re: Facebook - I love my VPI table

Postby WERA689 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:22 am

Well, Matt drops in over there pretty regularly. It's actually a pretty good bunch overall. I'm betting there are others from here that can be found in that group.
WERA689

Postby 10ovr » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:44 am

I was a member and have been for a long time before I wiped out my Facebook account :lol:
10ovr

Postby Marc » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:02 am

Johnny wrote:I just checked out a Facebook group called “I love my VPI table”.

Great source for music suggestion and a lot of real VPI enthusiasts. Reading through some of the posts there appears to be a lot of incorrect information and incorrect advice been given. I am not a big FB user, but there should be a header or notification promoting the VPI forum.

Just a thought.

This is a great group but it is not run by any VPI employees. I'm sure if you give the suggestion to one of the admins of the page they would be able to make a link to the forum.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
VPI Aries 3D| Ortofon A95| Musical Fidelity M6si | KEF LS50 in Frosted Black | AudioQuest Victoria & Rocket 88
Marc
Site Admin

Postby elader » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:48 am

I'd never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member. :D

The facebook group is very active and full of great people. It is user run, not run by the evil VPI empire.
VPI Prime, BenzMicro Glider, VPI SDS, Cinemag SUT
Audible Illusions Modulus 3A, Primaluna Prologue 5
REGA Apollo R, PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
KEF R300, pangea stands, SVS SB12 sub
elader

Postby Packgrog » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:05 am

What "incorrect information and advice" are you seeing, for example? I'm on the group, but maybe I'm just missing what you see as incorrect. Most of the misinformation and bad advice that I see tends to come from the LP Enthusiast group or vinylengine forums, where there's a lot more newbies (the endless "Spin Clean is all you need" posts drive me up the wall).
VPI Scout Jr., Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Audio Sensibility Impact SE Phono Cable, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena
Packgrog

Postby Guss2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:06 am

Packgrog wrote:What "incorrect information and advice" are you seeing, for example? I'm on the group, but maybe I'm just missing what you see as incorrect. Most of the misinformation and bad advice that I see tends to come from the LP Enthusiast group or vinylengine forums, where there's a lot more newbies (the endless "Spin Clean is all you need" posts drive me up the wall).

I agree, I don't the see misinformation at all. In fact, my dealer turned me on to that group and honestly it's the only reason I go there anymore.
Guss2

Postby Johnny » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:30 am

A few examples, Incorrect platter bearing lubrication and bearings identification. Members using multiple belts with stepped pulleys. Dual pivot misinformation etc.

I agree that it’s not a technical forum, but more of a gathering of VPI enthusiasts and music lovers.
Johnny

Postby Packgrog » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:15 am

Ah, yeah, that's no good. Haven't seen any of that thankfully. But unlike most other groups I've experienced, this one seems more supportive.
VPI Scout Jr., Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Audio Sensibility Impact SE Phono Cable, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena
Packgrog

Postby Guss2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Johnny wrote:A few examples, Incorrect platter bearing lubrication and bearings identification. Members using multiple belts with stepped pulleys. Dual pivot misinformation etc.

I agree that it’s not a technical forum, but more of a gathering of VPI enthusiasts and music lovers.

I guess I missed that too. Sometimes though, Matt likes to drop info there first, so it's nice to be a part of it. They are a good group of vinyl enthusiasts though, which I can always appreciate.
Guss2

Next

Return to General Chat