Interesting Turntable-Air Suspension & Bearing

Interesting Turntable-Air Suspension & Bearing

Postby MMMC » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:12 am

FYI
I am always interested in new and improved turntable designs, so I seldom pass on the opportunity to view new product offerings. To that end, I was browsing the 2017 Munich Audio Show and found this "cost, no object" turntable design on display. It's definitely not something I am likely to ever have enough pennies in my piggy bank to purchase,..... ($305,345.00 to $328,958.00) but maybe in the future, someone will be able to incorporate this wonderful technology into a much more compact package that may reside in your home in the future. Harry did bring us the Magnetic platter, so maybe he will tackle it. The link also leads you to other interesting new entries from Europe, if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C84geXA8LU

Enjoy!

MMMC
One of the last HRX production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Re: Interesting Turntable-Air Suspension & Bearing

Postby 10ovr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:39 am

Thats Kool,,I was thinking why not make a air pump that you can hookup to the VPI air suspension feet that you could regulate the air on all 4 at the same time , More accurate then a bike pump , Easy to make with a nice air gauge ,Just a thought ,,,,
10ovr

Postby Brf » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 am

10ovr wrote:Thats Kool,,I was thinking why not make a air pump that you can hookup to the VPI air suspension feet that you could regulate the air on all 4 at the same time , More accurate then a bike pump , Easy to make with a nice air gauge ,Just a thought ,,,,

I use a bicycle "shock" pump to inflate the air bladder in the VPI pneumatic foot. The shock pump is a high pressure / low volume precision air pump with an integrated pressure gauge, which allows for precise air pressure for each foot with a variance of a 1/2 pound of psi. I've had the air feet for about 2-months with no loss of air.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby 10ovr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:09 am

Brf wrote:
10ovr wrote:Thats Kool,,I was thinking why not make a air pump that you can hookup to the VPI air suspension feet that you could regulate the air on all 4 at the same time , More accurate then a bike pump , Easy to make with a nice air gauge ,Just a thought ,,,,

I use a bicycle "shock" pump to inflate the air bladder in the VPI pneumatic foot. The shock pump is a high pressure / low volume precision air pump with an integrated pressure gauge, which allows for precise air pressure for each foot with a variance of a 1/2 pound of psi. I've had the air feet for about 2-months with no loss of air.

But it would be nice to be able to just turn a knob and adjust the air pressure up or down in inch lbs and set back and see how it sounds ,,
10ovr

Postby Brf » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:48 am

10ovr wrote:
Brf wrote:

But it would be nice to be able to just turn a knob and adjust the air pressure up or down in inch lbs and set back and see how it sounds ,,

I've been around the block with air pressure regulators etc, when I ran an air bearing tonearm. I am now firmly planted in the keep it simple camp. I like manual applications/solutions. My concern with over complex mechanical applications is serviceability and proprietary parts. To each his own.

Dietrich Brakemeier is a smart individual albeit he has a love/hate following in the audio community. I am a big fan of his SMARTractor and UNI-Protractor alignment tools along with his ARCHÉ headshell.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:09 pm

"Brf
I've been around the block with air pressure regulators etc, when I ran an air bearing tonearm. I am now firmly planted in the keep it simple camp. I like manual applications/solutions. My concern with over complex mechanical applications is serviceability and proprietary parts. To each his own..

+1 I've been down that road as well with a Kuzma Airline tonearm on my Verdier....You can see in the footer what I have now...Much better now! :D
Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI HRX Reference (MagDrive/RimDrive), 12" 3DR tonearms, Miyajima Kansui & ZERO, VPI ADS, Vendetta SCP-1
Letsmakeadeal

Postby MMMC » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:44 am

Letsmakeadeal wrote:
"Brf
I've been around the block with air pressure regulators etc, when I ran an air bearing tonearm. I am now firmly planted in the keep it simple camp. I like manual applications/solutions. My concern with over complex mechanical applications is serviceability and proprietary parts. To each his own..

+1 I've been down that road as well with a Kuzma Airline tonearm on my Verdier....You can see in the footer what I have now...Much better now! :D

Brf & Letsmakeadeal,

I am totally in agreement with both of you with regard to overly complex and time demanding hardware to enjoy our love of analog music reproduction\playback. I did and do however enjoy the never ending pursuit of better or more playback performance, thus the post, plus, not everyone has $300,000.00 plus laying around, waiting for a reason to spend it.

The Munich Audio Show, also had another very interesting "New" turntable being introduced to the market which I am creating an additional post. It was also shown at the LA Audio show. It's the "Mag Lev" turntable. It is due to be released to the market soon, but at $1,900.00. Yes, that's correct, $1,900.

MMMC
One of the last HRX production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Return to General Chat