Audio Sensibility Impact vs Statement

Audio Sensibility Impact vs Statement

Postby Jprod » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:35 pm

I know these are popular phono cables on this forum but I have not seen a comparison between their cables in the audio sensibility line. If anyone has had both and would care to comment I would appreciate any input.
VPI Prime with ortofon 2m black, Graham slee accession phono amp, Wyred4sound STP-SE preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters, audio sensibility signature cables
Jprod

Re: Audio Sensibility Impact vs Statement

Postby Brf » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:40 pm

I use the AS Impact phono cable on my Oracle turntable with excellent results. For the price, it is very tough to beat. Detailed, rich, with an organic full bodied sound (just what the Oracle needed). I also have a pair of Silver Signatures which I use in my primary system which provides subtle inner detail in spades. I've tried the AS Silver Statements and I could not discern a sonic difference between the Signature and the Statement.

If cost is a factor, get the Impact and spend the extra dollars on the cartridge.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Jprod » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Thanks again. I have the signal cable phono cable so I think I will take your advice and try the impact. This way I will compare similarly priced cables ( although one will be silver and one copper)
Last edited by Jprod on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VPI Prime with ortofon 2m black, Graham slee accession phono amp, Wyred4sound STP-SE preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters, audio sensibility signature cables
Jprod

Postby mreeter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Jprod wrote:Thanks again. I have the signal cable phono cable so I think I will take your advice and try the impact. This way I will compare similarly priced cables ( although one will me silver and one copper)

I have had Signal Cables Silver Phono i/c and their Analog II in that position as well. I currently have the A.S. Impact Phono i/c and its differences are not subtle. The Impact is a very good cable for the money.
Last edited by mreeter on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
VPI Classic Signature SE/Soundsmith Zephyr
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
Rogue Audio M-180 Monoblock Amps
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun Wires
mreeter

Postby Jprod » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Thanks for your valuable input. I placed an order for the impact and probably will get them early next week. Looking forward to comaring the two
Jprod

Postby mreeter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:29 am

Jprod wrote:Thanks for your valuable input. I placed an order for the impact and probably will get them early next week. Looking forward to comaring the two

I certainly wouldn't knock any of Signal Cables offerings, they were my first taste of "better" wires, The Audio Sensibility wires are simply made with better components. I think you will be happy with the results of the Impact.
VPI Classic Signature SE/Soundsmith Zephyr
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
Rogue Audio M-180 Monoblock Amps
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun Wires
mreeter

Return to General Chat