New VPI Aries 1 Owner

New VPI Aries 1 Owner

Postby Mike T » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:35 am

Hi! I tried to post yesterday but it did not take. I got this tt on Thursday and when I pulled out the plinth this is what I found see picture. Any chance this can be repaired?
Attachments
012.JPG
012.JPG (97.14 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Mike T

Re: New VPI Aries 1 Owner

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:35 am

So sorry to see that...Makes you want to scream I am sure! It could be fixed but if you just purchased it I would send it back for a refund...That said, a good bodyshop could repair the damage with resin and refinish the whole plinth...They are probably gonna charge you more than might be acceptable..Upside is you could have a beautiful custom color if you want? Hopefully it was insured...Obviously the packaging was not adequate though...
Letsmakeadeal

Postby Brf » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:53 am

Send vpi an email and ask them if they have any old Aries plinths laying around.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Mike T » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:45 pm

Letsmakeadeal wrote:So sorry to see that...Makes you want to scream I am sure! It could be fixed but if you just purchased it I would send it back for a refund...That said, a good bodyshop could repair the damage with resin and refinish the whole plinth...They are probably gonna charge you more than might be acceptable..Upside is you could have a beautiful custom color if you want? Hopefully it was insured...Obviously the packaging was not adequate though...

Yeah, I just sat and stared for about 15 minutes. It was insured. The packing was the original box and materials. By the looks of the box they dropped it upside down, probably from a good distance. The plinth is very solid and to do this kind of damage through the packing had to hit hard. He did file a claim, just waiting to here back. I did send an email to VPI to see if they could repair or have an extra.
Mike T

Postby WntrMute » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:37 pm

A heartbreak for sure.
WntrMute

Return to General Chat