Synergistic UEF Acoustic Dots or Black Box

Synergistic UEF Acoustic Dots or Black Box

Postby Orchids1 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:57 am

Has anyone tried or heard the new Synergistic Research UEF Acoustic Dots or its Black Box. Any thoughts? Rich
Avenger, SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3 pre, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Re: Synergistic UEF Acoustic Dots or Black Box

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:09 pm

They can't possibly work. There has to be at least a five year study done on these with volumes of test results written, not to mention a series of double blind listening tests conducted under optimum temperature and atmospheric conditions. :lol:
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Postby Pevo » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 am

I "heard" the Black Box at AXPONA, they were demonstrating it in their room. I will say I heard a slight difference, could have been power of suggestion, but I heard it. I'm not buying one (or two) though, at $2k it's a little ridiculous, kind of like all of their products. They work, but the cost to me, is way out of line. Just my opinion and I know lots of people like their stuff. Good for them. The other thing is the Black Box is quite small, bass frequencies are quite large, how does it work? Something inside resonates, but it doesn't pass the smell (hearing?) test.
Pevo

Postby Brf » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:44 am

I have not heard any of these products, but I have a fairly good understanding of basic acoustic engineering and to me, these products do not make theoretical sense.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Orchids1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:19 am

Interesting replies, even though Brf has not heard the components, and I infer that Ayre has not. Almost all of the reviews and show reports I've read lately comment quite favorably on the Black Box and Synergistic's Atmosphere, such that I had come to believe that the benefits of these and other (but not all) Synergistic products are now generally accepted. Indeed, a number of reviewers are using them in their personal systems. The Acoustic Dots are very new, and there is little published discussion of them.

Has anyone else used, or heard, the Black Box or Acoustic Dots. If so, what is your opinion of them. Thanks. Rich
Avenger, SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3 pre, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Postby Johnny » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:39 pm

If I could find a SR dealer with a full refund return policy I would give them a try. I am skeptical, but that hasn't stopped me from "trying" before.
Johnny

Postby oldskooldude » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:42 pm

It's quantum mechanics not acoustic engineering. A whole different ballgame. The wave length of a bass open E string is almost a football field long. Nothing is going to be able to deal with that. You have to read a lot, but it all makes sense to me. The HRT's work and so do the PHT's. I see no reason to think that you won't get good results from their other products if you have symptoms that they can fix. You can always get your money back.

High-end Electronics: https://highend-electronics.com/collect ... c-research
The Cable Company: https://www.thecableco.com/manufacturer ... c-Research
AKA FatWyre on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Synergistic-Rese ... 3673156011

I'm sure there are others on the Google machine. I know all of these are following the Synergistic Research return policy.

I seriously considered trying the Black Box, I just can't swing the $2K right now. Let us know if you try it or the dots.
oldskooldude

Return to General Chat