Prime Signature in the house

Prime Signature in the house

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:30 pm

I just traded my Prime in on a Signature and it is a significant upgrade. As Sam Tellig used to say there's more there there and more where there. Lower noise floor too. Color me impressed.
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Re: Prime Signature in the house

Postby baddog » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:17 pm

Congratulations! No pix to share?
Roon | Intel NUC6i5SYH | VPI Avenger Reference | Devialet 440 Pro | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Stillpoint Apertures | LPs
baddog

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Here's one.
Attachments
Ayre.JPG
Ayre.JPG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1055 times
Ayre Conditioned

Postby DrumTemp » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Nice!!!
Avenger Reference, Graham Phantom III, Benz Micro LP S, AI Mod 3B, Pass Labs X250.8, Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT
DrumTemp

Postby MMMC » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:44 am

Ayre Conditioned wrote:I just traded my Prime in on a Signature and it is a significant upgrade. As Sam Tellig used to say there's more there there and more where there. Lower noise floor too. Color me impressed.

Ayre Conditioned,
Congratulations! Very nice move.
You have more enjoyment to come as the Nordost wiring breaks in within your 3D tonearm.
Enjoy!

MMMC
One of the last HRX production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby Brf » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:58 am

Ayre Conditioned, that is one good looking table! Nice to hear that the table's performance is commensurate with it's looks!

It appears that your table is siting on "coaster like" isolation devices, could you please elaborate.

PS - I now see why you chose Ayre as past of your moniker.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Gary1955 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:18 am

Ayre Conditioned, that is one beautiful looking table! I love the look of the Prime Signature, I'm sure the plinth really adds to the lower noise floor. Enjoy the music!!! I'm very interested to hear more about how it compares to the Prime.
VPI HR-X rim drive w/magnetic drive platter, 3D Ref. 12" tonearm, Lyra Titan-i cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M & Elevator, tri-amped horn system w/electronic crossover.
Gary1955

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:02 am

Brf wrote:Ayre Conditioned, that is one good looking table! Nice to hear that the table's performance is commensurate with it's looks!

It appears that your table is siting on "coaster like" isolation devices, could you please elaborate.

PS - I now see why you chose Ayre as past of your moniker.

Thanks Brf. Those are Herbie's Supersonic Stabilizers. Not only do they kill chassis resonances (you can see them stacked on my gear) but they make incredible platforms under component feet. IMHO they are more neutral and sound better than maple boards. I replaced the rubber inserts in the feet with the Symposium inserts I was using on the Prime. The motor is sitting on 4 Herbie's Big Tall Tenderfeet.
Ayre Conditioned

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:16 am

Gary1955 wrote:Ayre Conditioned, that is one beautiful looking table! I love the look of the Prime Signature, I'm sure the plinth really adds to the lower noise floor. Enjoy the music!!! I'm very interested to hear more about how it compares to the Prime.

Thanks Gary. When the tonearm wire breaks in I'm sure the sound will get better.
Ayre Conditioned

Postby Dorian » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:26 am

Great-looking setup you have there Ayre. Can I ask what you have the Phoenix Tach and PSU sitting on? Looks like a mouse pad or something?
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Next

Return to General Chat