SDS/Clasic Signature Interface

Re: SDS/Clasic Signature Interface

Postby kdough » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi All,
I have decided to give the Forum another try. The reason for my absence was because one of my posts was hacked and placed on Facebook without my knowledge. The posting took a comment made on the forum last August (a tongue in cheek comment that a belt drive turntable needs to be shipped with a belt, ha-ha) and turned it into a "review" giving VPI a two star rating. I have never posted a review of anything in my life and certainly would not give a poor rating if I did. Word to the wise, this forum is not hack resistant. Be aware of the posts you make, mine was made in jest and it came back to bite me you know where.
So here I am posting again. Back in the mouth of the beast so to say. The reason is an update to my previous post. VPI was kind enough to swap my SDS for a new ADS. This was way above and beyond their responsibility in this matter and was most appreciated. Trouble is, the ADS is no better. As the nob is turned counter clockwise, slowing the speed down, the hum gets worst and worst. It may actually be worst in this regard than the SDS it replaced. According to VPI this is not possible. However, I have been talking to other vinylphiles and may have the answer. I some cases, with other turntable manufacturers that place the motor in the plinth as is the case on the Classic, a bad motor can be to blame. As one said, concerning the Project tables (he is a dealer), all motors are not created equal and a very small number may not like being "stepped down in speed". Given my total lack of luck in all matters audio, if one in a thousand motors have this problem, I am fairly sure I would get one to them. My question to other Classic owners with the 300rpm motor, has anyone else had this problem? I would really appreciate some feed back on this. I am currently using the Classic without speed control after purchasing a new pulley to allow me to listen to 45's. Absolutely dead quiet, sounds great. Makes me wonder if a new motor would solve the problem.
Also, to any forum hackers out there, sorry but I don't think there is anything "good" here to use in a bad VPI Facebook Review. Why don't you do this, hack my post and give VPI a 5 star rating. Since I don't know how to do a Facebook review, you would be doing me a favor. Thanks.
I look forward to any responses to this posting.
kdough

Re: SDS/Clasic Signature Interface

Postby kdough » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:49 pm

So I don't get in hot water again, I am assuming that five stars is the best rating you can give on Facebook. Note to hacker, give VPI the best rating possible, highest number of stars that can be given. They deserve it. Thanks.
kdough

Previous

Return to General Chat