Synergistic Research PHTs

Re: Synergistic Research PHTs

Postby Guss2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:13 am

Appreciate the time, effort, and money you've put into this. Thanks for the detailed pictures as well. :D
Guss2

Postby Ghost rider » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:09 am

Hey guys I decided to post this here and not the XOT thread. I got my PHTs yesterday and I'm not sure if they are a current batch I got a green and black one. I found their website comparing them to weed and the current is Blue Velvet and Purple Haze. I also don't know which is type I or type S.

So my first impression is they do something. I doubt in a blind test I could pick which is which or without. I did think the green has more bass. I did make a recording first without then green, black and without again and I think you can hear it but the difference is very slight. Maybe some better ears would pick out differences. It reminds me when I was demoing a set of Element Copper interconnects and part of the active shielding they have enigma bullets and you can change them to change the sound a little. They did make differences but again very slight. I bought the cables but I'm not sure how wise that was. All of this makes me think of something my father said " A fool and his money soon go different ways"

I'm not even sure my guy at the Cable company even knows what they do and why it works. He told me at first that it was the sound filling the room that influences how the cartridge is picking up the sound in the room and the PHT reacts positively. I said so if my turn table is in a different room with virtually no sound does that mean it won't work and he kind of back tracked a little.
I'm still skeptical and I may keep them but I can't see having more than one set, unless you so much money and it really doesn't matter. It might be fun to swap out the different PHTs.
Ghost rider

Postby MOON » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:15 pm

The black and green ones are the current generation. These must work depending on one's system. In my system the black one was a real ear opener. My friend couldn't beleive the difference in sound with the black pht on, night to day difference.

It's weird you had a little difference. Looking forward to see what the next ones are.
Prime 152, symposium inserts, Lyra Kloes, Stillpoints LPI, HRS platform, Funk Firm Achromat,, Simaudio 610 lp Evolution phono stage & P -7 pre, W -5 LE amp, Audience Adept Response R 12 conditioner, Martin Logan Odyssey's & Depth I subs
MOON

Postby Ghost rider » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:17 pm

MOON wrote:The black and green ones are the current generation. These must work depending on one's system. In my system the black one was a real ear opener. My friend couldn't beleive the difference in sound with the black pht on, night to day difference.

It's weird you had a little difference. Looking forward to see what the next ones are.

Maybe the purple and blue ones are the newest. Go to their website and you will see.

What if my guy was right and it does have something to do with the sound in the room. My equipment in the room behind and 90% less sound.

Which is type I and S?
Ghost rider

Postby Ghost rider » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:49 pm

OK here are two 60 second samples in 32/96 first black 2nd green. On this track I can't hear any difference. I choose we transfer over send space because send space can look scary for those who never used it. The link is only good for 7 days.

https://we.tl/Ij0jrevAAX

Another thing these are easy to loose. I very carefully placed the black one back in the $0.002 container they shipped them in and place in my top file drawer. After reading Moons post I thought I should try the black again. So I reached in the drawer and moved the container to the desk. I didn't see the gray foam they compress into the plastic container had expanded and pushed the cap off. After about a half hour looking for it I found it. I think for $200 they should come with a more reliable container.

I think if wanted to compare them to drugs they look a lot like micro-dot acid back from the day.
Ghost rider

Previous

Return to General Chat