Interconnect Connections

Interconnect Connections

Postby Stringreen » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:36 pm

Doug Schroeder proposes a new way to hook up interconnects.....use 2 signal splitters and use 2 cables for each input. He says the difference is quite outstanding....has anyone tried this? By the way.....XLR interconnects can also be connected this way as per Doug.
Stringreen

Re: Interconnect Connections

Postby jonathanb » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:47 pm

I can only wonder how much he was paid by the cable manufacturer's association to espouse this idea. :roll:
jonathanb

Postby Peer Gynt » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:39 pm

Two parallel cables doubles the capacitance.

You can play all kinds of games like this. It might sound better to one person and not as good to another.

Capacitors tend to block low frequencies and allow high frequencies to pass through. If you had a bass heavy system, this might make it sound less tubby and more open.
Peer Gynt

Postby spinblackcircle » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:22 am

And what about the signal splitters? Good splitters are hard to find and finding 100% copper might be even harder. I'm not a fan of brass even with the gold plating.
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby Stringreen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:56 pm

Spinblackcircle......Audioquest, Kimber, Cardas, etc....will make a signal splitter for you.
Stringreen

Postby hlaudio » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:18 am

Hey all!

Why not use a Star-Quad type cable and build your own interconnects. I’ve used Gepco cable for years in AV installations. Audioquest and Canare also make such cable. These cables can be used in balanced and unbalanced applications. Easily terminated with RCA and/or XLR.

Have a great day!
Harold
hlaudio

Postby Golear » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:07 pm

Thanks, Stringreen.

Here's the article:
https://www.dagogo.com/audio-blast-schr ... placement/

I suggest reading it before trying, as there are some caveats. There's also a very interesting post by Bob Smith in the comments section.
Golear

Return to General Chat