Tidal - The Hi-res Spotify

Tidal - The Hi-res Spotify

Postby plosive » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:16 pm

I am a long time user of Tidal, and just wanted to know if any others use the service.

If so, what are your thoughts about the Quality of the streaming?
Classic 2, HRX weight, Dynavector 20x2H, SoundSmith Retip, Musical Surroundings Phenomena II, Canary Audio CA-301 MKII, BAT VK30se, Kimber Hero , Musical Fidelity V90-DAC,Anti Cables 3, Pioneer Elite PD65, Nakamichi RX202, Audio Source EQ1, Epos Epic 5
plosive

Re: Tidal - The Hi-res Spotify

Postby Mat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:08 am

Actually I've been seriously wondering about this! I'm friends with a lot of the tidal guys and have been wondering if it is worth taking the plunge! After all, I can't play my records all the time! (I can try though!!)
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby Orchids1 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Does anyone know of a wireless, high-resolution streamer that does not include an amplifier and is not part of a system (similar to a Sonos Connect, but high res compatible). I have seen a few advertised, but they either are still in B stage development or don't have their software completely sorted out. Thanks.
Avenger (w/mods), SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Postby Driftwood » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:39 pm

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are asking; does the AURALiC Aries fit the bill?
Driftwood

Postby a1uc » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:37 am

Driftwood wrote:I'm not sure I completely understand what you are asking; does the AURALiC Aries fit the bill?

For the money Aries is your best bet , cant think of any other wireless streamer that will do quad DSD
Analog :
Preamp: NOS Valves NBS Preamplifier, Amps: NOS Valves VRD Mono Blocks

Digital :
Totaldac D1 Dual D1 Server
Speakers :
Selah Audio Tempesta's

Power / Cables Uberbuss Antipodes Komako
a1uc

Postby Orchids1 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:31 pm

I've looked at the Aries, and I can't tell if it fits the bill. I read a review that said it still had software glitches. Can it stream high resolution music (from Deezer, Tidal and the like) wirelessly from a wifi router without an Ethernet or USB wired connection. Thanks.
Avenger (w/mods), SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Postby Driftwood » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:16 pm

I don't have any first-hand experience, but I think recent firmware updates have resolved some of the early issues. I think it can stream from Tidal, but again, not positive. I know there are extensive threads about it over on computer audiophile. Maybe someone else here owns one?
Driftwood

Postby Driftwood » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:01 pm

The review at computer audiophile makes it sound like the early problems have been addressed: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/619-auralic-aries-review/
Driftwood

Return to General Chat