Cardas Golden Reference Phono Cable

Cardas Golden Reference Phono Cable

Postby 930turbo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:11 am

Hi guys ,

Has anybody tried the Cardas Golden Reference Phono Cable . I’m currently using a VPI Phono Cable the first version and it seems I’m having some bright / harsh analytic sound w/ the FatBoy unipivot 12” w/ the dual pivot . I’ve adjusted the VTA , slightly tail down ( tried parallel VTA as well ) I removed the spacer flatform of my VTA Base in order to do this , tracking force at 1.75 gram , Azimuth adjusted via Fogzometer . I was using the same cartridge that I used in my 12.7 metal tonearm and did not have this problem . I tried my old audio technica Phono cable that I had since college and it seems the harshness has disappeared but w/ lost of detail. It seems in my current setup the Lyra , Nordost internal tonearm wiring and the VPI Phono Cable is not a good match.

Thanks in advance ,

VPI TNT 6,Kuzma Stogi Ref 313 VTA,Benz Micro Gullwing SLR,VPI HR-X FatBoy uni 12,Lyra Kleos,ARC REF5SE line,REF PHONO 2SE,SP10Mk2preamp,ARC REF610T monoblocks,pair of D79B amps,EC21active electronic X over, Duntech C5000 Princess spkr,Magnepan MG3A spkr
930turbo

Re: Cardas Golden Reference Phono Cable

Postby MOON » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:46 am

Quite a few members here use Audiosensibility phono cables, silver reference to be exact, myself included. This is a Canadian cable manufacturer so south of the border buyers benefit from the exchange on the dollar.

I replaced a whole loom of golden ref with silver reference Audiosensibility. http://www.audiosensibility.com
Classic 4, 12"3d, hrx pulley, 3 belts, dual pivot, sds, Pneuance NP-2 Peunmatic footers, Lyra Kloes, Waynes Perifery Ring 3.8 lb, Stillpoint LPI , Simaudio 610 Evolution PS, Audio Sensibility silver statement cable, Tru lift & sweep
MOON

Postby 930turbo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:15 am

Hi Moon,

Thanks for the tip . It says in their catalog it has pure silver wiring but w/o the harshness and ultradetail . Looks interesting Moon . That’s why I was attracted to the Cardas Gold REF , they said it was pure copper . A friend of mine loaned it to me and I’m still auditioning it . How I wish audio sensibility has a dealership here in the Philippines so I can try it first .

VPI TNT 6,Kuzma Stogi Ref 313 VTA,Benz Micro Gullwing SLR,VPI HR-X FatBoy uni 12,Lyra Kleos,ARC REF5SE line,REF PHONO 2SE,SP10Mk2preamp,ARC REF610T monoblocks,pair of D79B amps,EC21active electronic X over, Duntech C5000 Princess spkr,Magnepan MG3A spkr
930turbo

Postby MMMC » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:52 am

930turbo wrote:Hi Moon,

Thanks for the tip . It says in their catalog it has pure silver wiring but w/o the harshness and ultradetail . Looks interesting Moon . That’s why I was attracted to the Cardas Gold REF , they said it was pure copper . A friend of mine loaned it to me and I’m still auditioning it . How I wish audio sensibility has a dealership here in the Philippines so I can try it first .

Do not allow living in the Philippines slow you down. Contact them and let them know you are in the P.I. , and make arrangements to audition the cable. The only slow down I would think is the shipping time. It's worth the email effort.

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby 930turbo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:41 am

Hi MMMC,

Thanks for the encouragement . Will shoot them an email. Btw have you compared to the audio sensibility cable to the VPI Phono Cable ?

Thanks in advance ,

930turbo

Postby Brf » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 am

The Cardas GR is an excellent phono cable (I used to own it). It's a very smooth relaxed cable that does not give up that bit of high level resolution for a lusher sound like the previous Cardas phono cables. Like Moon, I now use the Audio Sensibility Silver Signature phono which is very detailed and full bodied. Audio Sensibility has a 30-day money back trial period and is well priced.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby MMMC » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:44 pm

930turbo wrote:Hi MMMC,

Thanks for the encouragement . Will shoot them an email. Btw have you compared to the audio sensibility cable to the VPI Phono Cable ?

Thanks in advance ,

930turbo,
I currently use the Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC with my current 12 in 3DR arm, and ZYX Universe II LOMC. With the warranty information provided by Brf, you should not come out a looser on your purchase. I also need to state that I am not connected in any way to Audio Sensibility other than as a "user" of their interconnect.

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby 930turbo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:43 am

MMMC , Brf (997C4S ) ,

Thanks guy for the tip . I will get in touch w/ audio sensibility . By the way I noticed last night that the Nordost internal wiring of the Fat Boy Unipivot is becoming smoother , less frantic and analytic . Probably it breaking in .

930turbo

Postby nrw » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:46 am

Hi All, While on the subject of phono cables; has anyone had experience with the Hovland MG2 (1.5 metre) phono cable? Or done any comparing with other phono cables?
Regards, nrw
nrw

Postby Stringreen » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:17 pm

I use A/Sens cables....no need to search for different. Cardas never worked for me.
Stringreen

Next

Return to General Chat