new guy from Michigan

Re: new guy from Michigan

Postby WntrMute » Wed May 29, 2019 11:52 am

Dorian wrote:Very interested to hear your impressions on the Degritter WntrMute. I have been following them for a while. Maybe we need a seperate thread on it?

I see that the final retail cost is higher than they were originally projecting when they first launched.

I have a Pro-Ject VCS, which replaced a Spin Clean. I still haven't read a review that compares a vacuum machine to an ultrasonic (US) machine. If anyone can point me to one, please do so. I wonder if I can justify the big cost increase of an US machine compared to my VCS.

I'll start a new thread once it arrives. Should be here in a month or so. I settled on this one as one can use a surfactant in a wash cycle and then swap out the tanks to allow a rinse cycle. The machine has a no dry setting to allow that as well. The warrantee is two years and despite the increase in cost, it is still way cheaper than the ADS or KL Audio. Finally, they claim if it breaks and is not user repairable they will send a replacement out before receiving a malfunctioning unit back.

I am happy with my VPI RCM but I have a backlog of over 500 records and I can't seem to make a dent in the newly arrived section.
WntrMute

Postby Don C » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:26 pm

WntrMute wrote:Welcome Manhattan Boy!

Hey Ultra-Sonic boy! Looking forward to your impressions when it comes.
Don C

Postby elader » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:57 pm

whoa that's expensive. very pretty though.
VPI Aries 3, Ortofon Cadenza red, VPI SDS, custom Cinemag SUT
Audible Illusions Modulus 3A, Primaluna Prologue 5
REGA Apollo R, PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
KEF R300, pangea stands, SVS SB12 sub
elader

Postby WntrMute » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:00 pm

The Degritter arrived today. I'll probably clean some rekkids Saturday or Friday evening.
WntrMute

Postby tom collins » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:57 pm

I bought the Kirmuss and have had since late 2018. Other than an equipment upgrade, it is the one accessory that will improve every record you have. The tales of success with ultrasonic cleaners of all makes abound, so won't bore everyone. My opinion - no other way to clean a record.
TNT6HR, rim drive, superplat, outer ring, center weight, 12.0 arm, 12.7 arm, SDS, SRA platform; Soundsmith Gold Denon, Zu, Grado ME+ carts; Cary Audio PH302 ver 2 phono-pre; Cary 30i prototype EL34 integrated amp; Devore Gibbon 88 speakers; PSB sub.
tom collins

Postby Dorian » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:55 am

tom collins wrote:I bought the Kirmuss and have had since late 2018. Other than an equipment upgrade, it is the one accessory that will improve every record you have. The tales of success with ultrasonic cleaners of all makes abound, so won't bore everyone. My opinion - no other way to clean a record.

I was on the fence about the Kirmuss, but Fremer’s review in the July Stereophile has convinced me. I’m buying one today.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | SOTA Condor & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Previous

Return to General Chat